it's called elegy for vine deloria by my band the story of everest. let me know if you like it/think it's good enough to go on our next record. send me links to your songs and i'll check em out. thanks!
My live set-up:
72 Tele Custom
TC Electronics Polytune
MXR Dynacomp
deviever Shoe Gazer
Way Huge Red Llama Clone
Effector13 Soda Meiser
Vintage Proco Rat
DOD Buzzbox
Dwarfcraft Robot Devil
EA Tremolo
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Traynor YBA-2B
I really liked it. Very indie folk/rockish. The horns really reminded me of Sufjan Stevens. It's definitely good enough for a record.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791781
here's mine if you would check it out please.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I'll do the crit-while-i-listen...

Interesting 'stark' vocals - i like that - stripped-down sounding.

I like the tempo change in the chorus and that warbly chorused guitar I guess is what I'm hearing on the chorus.

...and I loves an out-there instrumental break like that one with the horns and clean electric around 2:35-3. Cool how it comes into that rockin ride-out then.

My only personal suggestion - I like the bass walkin around at the end - that's cool. And I know you have a title of "anti-shredder" - but... a little serving of 6-string noodles at the end would be tasty - don't have to be "shredded" noodles... just a little somethin somethin.

But that's just me.
Quote by SSSteve
I'll do the crit-while-i-listen...

Interesting 'stark' vocals - i like that - stripped-down sounding.

I like the tempo change in the chorus and that warbly chorused guitar I guess is what I'm hearing on the chorus.

its actually a musical saw on the choruses
My live set-up:
72 Tele Custom
TC Electronics Polytune
MXR Dynacomp
deviever Shoe Gazer
Way Huge Red Llama Clone
Effector13 Soda Meiser
Vintage Proco Rat
DOD Buzzbox
Dwarfcraft Robot Devil
EA Tremolo
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Traynor YBA-2B
the song is still being mixxed so suggestions on what to add would be much appreciated.
My live set-up:
72 Tele Custom
TC Electronics Polytune
MXR Dynacomp
deviever Shoe Gazer
Way Huge Red Llama Clone
Effector13 Soda Meiser
Vintage Proco Rat
DOD Buzzbox
Dwarfcraft Robot Devil
EA Tremolo
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Traynor YBA-2B
Cool instrumentation. I don't know how many tracks you recorded but there's a lot of different stuff coming out of my speakers. It gives it a fullness without sounding too heavy. Vocals are good for the style. The breakdown part at 3:00 is really cool, maybe the best part of the song.

Oh, and as for mixing. Maybe bring the vocals out a bit in some parts, I couldn't make out all the lyrics. At some parts the drums can get a little loud. Other than that, I didn't notice much wrong with it.

As someone else said, this is a great folk/indie tune. I haven't heard your other stuff, but just based on this, I'd say it's good enough to go on the record. Nice job.

Crit mine?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791717

Thanks a bunch!
Last edited by shortyafter at Feb 19, 2008,
Personally I think it needs more vocals around the end and stuff. I'm not sure if you like it that way or not, but it would just kind of get repetitive around the end.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Personally I think it needs more vocals around the end and stuff. I'm not sure if you like it that way or not, but it would just kind of get repetitive around the end.

yeah it goes on a little long but i hate fade outs. maybe ill overdub some solo or something. thanks for all the feedback!
My live set-up:
72 Tele Custom
TC Electronics Polytune
MXR Dynacomp
deviever Shoe Gazer
Way Huge Red Llama Clone
Effector13 Soda Meiser
Vintage Proco Rat
DOD Buzzbox
Dwarfcraft Robot Devil
EA Tremolo
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe