Excuse me if the post contains major noobness, or just not knowing what to call certain things.

Well, I was in a guitar shop today (without my guitar) and I was talking to someone about the problem I was having with my guitar doing power chords than are an octave higher (For instance, a chord where it's the 5th string 7th fret and the 3rd string 9th fret) and I was saying how it just sounded so bad. He was explaining something on the bridge that was probably causing the problem, the tension of the strings needed to be adjusted correctly.

Well, I looked my original floating floyd rose bridge, and found where he was talking about, where I can adjust it so that the string is a little further back on the bridge and less tension. But I don't know what amount of tension each string needs. I hope this post makes sense, I'm trying to explain it as best as I could. I appreciate any help.
get the guitar set up at a professional tech. they move around the truss rod and elevate or lower the string height at the bridge
They will also adjust the intonation, which is what I believe you are talking about Dragon...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Yes, I just looked up intonation and that is exactly what I am talking about.

Is there anyway I can adjust this myself however? Any method used? Or should should I just let them do it? (I tend to be a "do it yourself" kind of guy).
seriously it should only be done by a professional or someone whos been doing it for a WHILE
Okay, then I have no choice but to bring it to a profesional, I don't want to screw up anything.

Thanks for the help!
^Screw it up? Hell no. Adjusting intonation just as easy as tuning your guitar, because that's what it is. What you want to do is make it so that the 12th fret harmonic is the same as the 12th fret fretted note. A guitar tuner is a must for this, unless you have perfect pitch. Moving the saddle away from the pickups will make the note lower, and moving it closer will make it higher.
yep. check out the Floyd thread at the top of the page, i think there are even pics.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
For intonation, all you need is a good tuner, and the tools necessary to adjust the saddles themselves..

The idea of intonation is adjusting the distance from where the string comes off the saddle to the nut...

On a floyd rose, each saddle can usually be adjusted by using an allen wrench to 1st loosen the saddle which allows the saddle to be moved forward and backward..

The goal here is to get a note played on an open string and the note played at the 12th fret to be exactly in pitch to the same note just an octave apart...

You can't seriously damage your guitar by trying to adjust intonation... at least if you're doing it right..

Look up some articles on google or check out that floyd rose thread and some other threads here.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
yeah im 100% sure intonation is the problem, i had the same thing before i set my intonation.