Relationship Mode - it's in my profile.

A friend of mine is a keyboardist who's into various techno stuff - most of which I'm really unfamiliar with. But - he enjoys the things I come up with to play to his stuff - and I find it pretty interesting - as he encourages me to get as abstract as I can. We call our little duet Digital Deconstruction. Unfortunately, we're both some pretty busy old farts - not to mention he lives in Tampa and I live in St. Louis - so we haven't done much lately. This was recorded several years ago.

I'm not 100% satisfied with this piece for many reasons - but I'll keep my mouth shut for now so as not to bias any opinions. I will say - I played all guitar and worked on the writing/improvising/arranging/mixing of the guitar parts - and my friend did the rest.

I'm interested in any and all opinions and will happily C4C. I'm new to the forum but have been quite entertained and/or impressed by several things I've heard so far.

I have a higher quality sample of this tune which might have been a better idea - because it is a pretty thick mix... but - otoh - after listening to my rambling jam on here - low-fi might do it some good lol...

...my other tune up there - Whammy Madness in Em - that's more just plain ol' me - rather than me being encouraged to be space-boy by my techoid Digital Deconstruction pal.
The bass intro is a nice hook. Guitar is a nice addition once it comes in. It got a little repetitive until the vocals came in. The vocals fit the style well but could perhaps use a bit more emotion, they get better as the song goes on. I think there's a couple of pitch problems but overall the vocals are decent. Maybe turn them up a bit, I couldn't hear all the lyrics clearly. The solo section around 6:00 was a nice change of pace. It added a little more spice. The guitar overall was pretty good. Lots of cool licks, etc. The solo was the best with the dual guitars or whatever you had going on there.

I think this is good but it just needs to be shortened and restructured. The guitar licks were good but they weren't enough to keep it interesting. I didn't really hear a big chorus either. The drum breakdown part that happened twice (at the end and once before) was okay, but I wouldn't really call that a chorus. I think you should just cut out some of the randomness: Have a quick instrumental intro, add in vocals, make a chorus or some other breakdown part, and then end with the solo. The drum breakdown thing was okay, but it just wasn't enough of a "wow" moment.

Overall, good concept, good guitar playing, etc. Just consider what I said. Also, I'm curious to know what you didn't like about it - but you don't have to tell me yet.

Crit mine?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791717

Thanks a lot!
Thanks for all the detailed comments shortyafter. I won't show all my cards yet on my personal issues with it - but I will say that I can relate to much of what you've said when I sit back and listen to it.

...goin ta' check yers' out right now!

btw - I'm interested in what you think of this one too...

My Whammy Madness in Em thread.

Significantly different... still a lot of "randomness" though. lol...
I really liked the layered guitar parts. I can totally see where shortyafter was coming from tho. This song isn't really a style of music I'm in to, but again I can appreciate what you added to your friends track/arrangement. All in all, after listening to both songs, I can definitely say that I like your style man.
Quote by Haunted Boy
I really liked the layered guitar parts. I can totally see where shortyafter was coming from tho. This song isn't really a style of music I'm in to, but again I can appreciate what you added to your friends track/arrangement. All in all, after listening to both songs, I can definitely say that I like your style man.

Thanks bro - ditto that - even the industrial one on your youtube clip... just sounds too hard for me to play!