I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask, but it is played on electric guitar so.. :p

I have this intro. Its from Fallen Leaves by Billy Talent, and I was wondering if anyone had some insight as how to punctuate these notes. In the song, the guitarist mutes everything in between each of those 4+5 combos, for the whole piece.

Currently I've been laying my palm after playing each note. Is there a better way to do this or is palm muting immediately following the note the best way?

16th notes at 123 bpm, so note, rest, note, rest, note, rest, etc.
---- S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S
E||----------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|
B||--4---4---4---4---3---3---3---3---|--3---3---6---4---4---4---4---4-|
G||--5---0---5---0---4---0---4---0---|--4---0---0---0---3---0---3---0-|
D||----------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|
A||----------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|
D||----------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|
its kinda hard to explain in words but ill at least put my two cents in. kind of bounce your hand on and off the strings in rhythm with the mutes and the beat of the songs. if thats what your asking, thats my answer
You can lift up your fingers so you're longer holding down the strings you're playing.