Poll: Do you carry protection?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you carry protection?
Yes
19 22%
No
47 53%
Occasionally
22 25%
Voters: 88.
Page 1 of 2
No, not condoms.

This thread was partly inspired by the "damn chavs" and "First Thing You Grab?" threads, I was wondering how many people carry some sort of protection on them when they go out. I'm constantly in the nearest town with a group of my friends, and about 3 out of 5 in every group will have some sort of protection (Brass knuckles, knives, wrenches, etc.) due to the amount of drunks and drug addicts around here.

I myself carry a knife in a hidden pocket in my jacket whenever I go out. I have actually had to use it, a friend and I almost got jumped a few weeks ago, if I hadn't shown that I had a weapon on me we'd have gotten jumped by 5 drunk high school kids. It doesn't help that law enforcement is basically nil around here.

As for violence in town, it's actually pretty tame. There was a murder outside a bar a few months ago, but other than that I can't remember any serious violence taking place.

Poll coming.

EDIT: I did search, but not thoroughly. Tell me if there's already a thread like this.
Dickless.
I carry confidence, intelligence, and a strong and athletic body.

All I need
My God, it's full of stars!
I live in belfast which apparently is one of the top 300 worst places to live in the uk...

i like it here, sure theres a little violence but its like that everywhere.

i dont carry any so called "protection"
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
i;ve been jumped twice, i never leave home without my blade anymore

its not a switch, but its got a locking blade and it flips out quick.

and i WILL stab the next asshole that jumps me when i get off the bus
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
I carry a knife everywhere but school. I bought a pair of brass knuckles which I may start carrying.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
Quote by robertreilly666
I live in belfast which apparently is one of the top 300 worst places to live in the uk...

what? How can they make a top 300 of that? The UK is f*cking tiny
Knifes. guns attract attention. i dont see the point of brass knuckles. there not intimidating. if you hit me, you get a point. but ill be more likley to stab you first. plus knives arent premeditated so if cops get called i can say i use it at work.
Gear
Caparison Horus HGS
B.C. Rich Beast NJ Series
Alhambra 7FS
BOSS GT-8
Peavey Valve King 212
Last edited by Timeless at Feb 19, 2008,
i think carrying a knife is stupid. you never know when it can be turned on you. i don't carry anything btw.
Nope, I've never really felt threatened in my area, even at night.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
I carry a Hunting Knife but I know how to use it. But I also pay attention in school so I can outsmart them as my first choice. But of they catch up, I have to pull out my knife and show them. Luckily ive only had to do it once. And it worked, thank god.
Quote by MuffinMan
I hope for a day when circumcised and uncircumcised penises can live together in harmony!

Quote by Kensai
Cowslayer, I recognize you as the Emperor of the universe. I applaud you in your awesomeness.
Quote by robertreilly666

Just carry a few handgrenades like Michael Stone!
Quote by Dreadnought
I carry confidence, intelligence, and a strong and athletic body.

All I need

Wrong .

Trust me, I've got a second degree black belt in 2 separate martial arts and I wouldn't feel confident enough to take on more than three guys, and I'd never be arrogant enough to fight someone who was armed unless it's a life or death situation.
Dickless.
I carry a hammer from time to time

The Hammer of Dong!!!!

not really
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
i have some nunchukas that i have no idea how to use, but it would be amusing in a fist fight context.

But no, i live in a village and my brothers mates with all the chavs round here.
I never pass solids, but then again my pee is very thick.
Quote by Vincent745
Quote by grayfox1001
Quote by Vincent745
Your being too opinionated
is that even possible?
Yes it is..
well i normally have this little pocket knife i have with me, never know when your gonna need something sharp, i wouldn't call it "protection" but i'm sure it could **** somebody up
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by synpet713192
what? How can they make a top 300 of that? The UK is f*cking tiny

Because most of our land is populated so there are lots of towns.

I carry no weapons because I don't think I need them.
Carrying a weapon is the best way to get shot/beaten to death.
Carry one only if you're 100% ready to use it in the need. If you don't feel right about stabbing something because he wants to take 10 bucks from you, don't carry a weapon. Or at least not a mortal one. Pepper spray is alright.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

no, but i'm getting my concealed-carry (gun) permit in a few months when i turn 18.
i think it's just an ohio thing, but i could be wrong.
Yes, I carry protection.

Left and Right, AKA Death and Coma

You're all pussies!
Quote by sweeping_steve
i have some nunchukas that i have no idea how to use, but it would be amusing in a fist fight context.

But no, i live in a village and my brothers mates with all the chavs round here.

I'm gonna try that sometime, I just hope to get jumped with nunchukas on me. That's some deadly **** if you know how to use them, long range and hard to block.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
No, not condoms.

dammit thats why I answered yes. but I do sometimes carry a knife. but only in places I am not familiar with. oh and pocket sand. always got me some pocket sand.
If you live in the US, vote for McCain so that we can all have rocket-powered grenade launchers for "protection".
[Sarcasm]
Member of the Single Coils are for Real Men group
Member of the Lefties Unite Group
got a switch.
protects from the mexxicans.
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
carry a knife but i dont use it that offen me and a friend got jumped by to really drunk highschool kids with brass knuckles they didnt hit me once with them but propable cuase they were wasted, and i'm a fast mofo, but one of them cliped my friend he got rlly pissed it was funny.
Quote by sweeping_steve

I know a guy who does nunchucks as part of his martial art, I think they're actually illegal to carry in the UK.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Wrong .

Trust me, I've got a second degree black belt in 2 separate martial arts and I wouldn't feel confident enough to take on more than three guys, and I'd never be arrogant enough to fight someone who was armed unless it's a life or death situation.

Intelligence = not being arrogant enough to fight obviously greater numbers
I need only my fists, feet, and my superior vocabulary, which can be used to confuse people of lower intellect. Then I smack 'em.
I don't carry any weapons, since I live in a small town...the worst crime around here is people making meth.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
Quote by urik
Carrying a weapon is the best way to get shot/beaten to death.
Carry one only if you're 100% ready to use it in the need. If you don't feel right about stabbing something because he wants to take 10 bucks from you, don't carry a weapon. Or at least not a mortal one. Pepper spray is alright.

You understand the concept of fight or flight, don't you?

First lesson of tae kwon do knife defense: If someone puts a knife to your throat and tells you to give him your money, you slowly reach in your pocket, pull out your wallet and give it to them. No matter how good you are at fighting, you're gonna get hit, and a small gash on your arm will probably cost more to fix up than the contents of your wallet.

If someone pulls a knife on you with an honest intent to kill, you incapacitate them no matter what the means or consequences.

Quote by Dreadnought
Intelligence = not being arrogant enough to fight obviously greater numbers

If you pick a fight with anyone ever, you're an idiot. If you're surrounded by a group about to be mugged, if you think intelligence and a six pack are gonna save your ass, you're sadly mistaken. Self-defense/protection is just that, having the means to protect yourself from others attacking you.
Dickless.
Last edited by MetalMilitia212 at Feb 19, 2008,
no weapons for me just a cell phone with chuck norris on speed dial
Gear

Jarrett Custom Les Paul
Epiphone Les Paul
Ibanez Artcore AS73
I don't like guns

And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Quote by MetalMilitia212

If you pick a fight with anyone ever, you're an idiot. If you're surrounded by a group about to be mugged, if you think intelligence and a six pack are gonna save your ass, you're sadly mistaken. Self-defense/protection is just that, having the means to protect yourself from others attacking you.

I'm sorry to interrupt your mAdD flow of skillz and ninja knowledgez, but what the hell are you talking about?

Who said I would start a fight?

Who said I wouldn't defend myself?

I said I do not carry a weapon. For various reasons, I don't need to carry one.
Page 1 of 2