http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/product/reviews?base_pid=702540&rpp=10&page=2

im thinking about buying that to record with audacity on my computer (guitar).
i basically just want to record some songs and il probably add drums in from guitar pro and bass too. the question i have is will what im proposing to do work well? im going to run my guitar through my zoom 606 multi effects pedal and in the output jack im goin to plug in a 1/4 inch to 1/8 inch converter and plug in a 1/8 inch stereo to L and R rca. then im goin to plug the rca ends into the adapter and go into the usb. is this going to work well, or wiill i have huge latency/noise issues ect?
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
I highly suggest something like the line6 Toneport UX1 or the m-audio fast track USB...

Behringer interfaces like that dont have on board preamps and so you would need to feed a mixer into it or buy a preamp which is never a good way to go...

I would go with the Fast Track if I was in your position.
ok well the thing is im pretty sure my zoom effects processor has a preamp built in (i dunno if im a noob or not but when i plug headphones directly into my pedal i get sound out). so should this work in that case? i can use all the effects i want this way and the behringer unit would let me get it all on my computer.
in the case of using your zoom pedal you could use the main outputs on the pedal but would need a preamp still.

You could try the headphone out port with a 1/8" - RCA cable but that output is not really made to drive a whole interface...but it should work somewhat.

The Behringer interface isnt the best but it does get the job done...you must run it on windows XP since vista drivers are not out though.
ah ****. well i have vista anyway. but i was planning on running it directly out of my guitar out on my foot pedal if that clears up any confusion (sometimes i plug an adapter in there and thats how i listen with headphones). do you know of any other devices that i could run this type of setup with?
look into the m-audio fast track, I think that works with vista...

if not, I use and like the m-audio 2496 PCI interface card which has RCA inputs and great ADA converters.
Theres reviews about it in the sticky

you should first try running to your stock sound card line in and see what results you get, sometimes you get fair recordings but lots of latency which drives you crazy when trying to multi track...
actually the reason im trying to do this is because i think my line in is broken. on my old desktop i used to record that way and it worked rather well. but since im at school and have my laptop i have tried my laptops line in. the thing is i dont even really get a guitar noise. i get an insanely loud computerized sounding hiss full of chop and i havent been able to figure i out. id say my line in is broken yet this is the second laptop of the same model i have owned (crashed b4) and the problem has been there with both laptops. is there a solution to this?
It could just be that your sound card is not compatible with your recording program.

An interface (be it PCI, Firewire, or USB) will bypass your stock sound card for recording and playback so its important to get a fair one which will give better results than the old card that was in your computer.
sounds cool i think il give that a go then
Quote by jordanzio
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/product/reviews?base_pid=702540&rpp=10&page=2

im thinking about buying that to record with audacity on my computer (guitar).
i basically just want to record some songs and il probably add drums in from guitar pro and bass too. the question i have is will what im proposing to do work well? im going to run my guitar through my zoom 606 multi effects pedal and in the output jack im goin to plug in a 1/4 inch to 1/8 inch converter and plug in a 1/8 inch stereo to L and R rca. then im goin to plug the rca ends into the adapter and go into the usb. is this going to work well, or wiill i have huge latency/noise issues ect?

I got one of those early on and never could get it to work right. Just running my acoustic direct in, I got distortion. I just dug it out a couple of weeks ago, I was having noise problems coming out of my Line Out on this PC going into the stereo amp that I use to run my monitors with (passives). It worked okay with everything but Cubase SE3, When Cubase would start up I got this nasty high pitched whine and nothing I did would get rid of it. So I tossed that idea (and solved the noise problem by moving the cord from the Line Out in the back of the PC to the headphone jack in the front, go figure).

The other downside to that box is that it is only 16 bit.

Tony