I think I want a peavey 6505 but I've recently heard that the bugera 6260 is an extremely similar amp. Are the tones dark coming out of the Bugera? Im well aware it hasnt been on the market for long, but any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks. DB
i wouldnt go getting a bugera if you dont have a good amp already. the only reason you should go get one so soon is if you have nothing to spend your money on and want to see if its any good in comparison to amps you have.

its a huge gamble to get one if you dont have anything thats good already.

as far as a metal combo goes, the only thing that comes to mind is the randall MTS combo's. i dont know what they sound like tho. i want to test one out. combos generally are lower wattages and for some reason that usually means they dont do very well for metal. i dont know why that is because its not that it isnt loud enough. get a head and a 2x12 cab if your worried about size.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
ive played a 5150 combo and it does metal just as good as the head version. Thanks for the input though, anyone else?
Will do, any other suggestions? The tones out of the 6505 seem to be what im looking for..
a 6505 looks cool? >_>, looks pretty boring IMO.

but yeah if you like the 6505 and all you play is straight up metal and teh br00talz, thats the amp for you. if you think you may want cleans sometime, look elsewhere.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
who cares about looks, tone is what im all about. is the bugera very similar though? the 6260
supposedly but youd have to try one yourself side by side. its suppose to have better cleans and reverb (definitely a plus). but metal sounds, im not sure. ppl have said its tighter than a PV but only experience with the amp can determine if youll like it.

are you aware that you can pick a 5150 off ebay used for about $650-700 easily? i wouldnt be taking any risks with bugera until you have some decent gear. if you want the 5150 combo, thats about 400-500 bucks, which is about the same as a bugera and already has reputation behind it as reliable amps. if i were you, id do that.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
I have a 6505 212 combo, and it does everything and more.... including cleans (much better than the head). But invest in a attenuator; to get the really great tone that is in this beast; the volume has to be very high. But for metal and anything in between it is amazing... but again, volume over 2 on the lead channel is hard to handle in a house.
Peavey 6505 212 Combo
Agile interceptor Pro 727
Schecter Hellraiser C1 - FR
PRS SE Custom
Fender MIA Standard Strat
Digitech GNX3000
the problem is that im in canada so getting one off ebay is iffy cause shipping is huge...the 6505 is just dark and ive played the cleans with a chorus and its not that bad to me...if the bugera is as similar as they say id rather save myself the 500 bucks..I guess ill have to take the drive to try one, thanks
Quote by painless6505
I have a 6505 212 combo, and it does everything and more.... including cleans (much better than the head). But invest in a attenuator; to get the really great tone that is in this beast; the volume has to be very high. But for metal and anything in between it is amazing... but again, volume over 2 on the lead channel is hard to handle in a house.

Exactly once volume is up at the sweet spot you got a beast

Only really usefull in band situtiations, thats where my 6505 combo shines
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2