Ok, I'm using an ESP LTD EC-400VF, which is a lot like a Les Paul. I was putting new strings on it (Ernie Ball regular) and all of a sudden my action is way too low.
I have no idea how this happened but it is rediculous!

Just to fill you in, prior to putting the new strings on and after taking the old ones off, I noticed that the tuno-matic bridge and stoptailpeices were all loose so I thightened them...this may have had an effect on the action.

Anyway, omeone please help me figure out what is wrong with the guitar.

This is my first time putting strings on a guitar with a stop tail peice, before I had a squire strat (which sucked).

!!
Help!
well yeah, when you tightened the bridge and stopbar, you lowered the action. when you take off all the strings at once, they fall off, which isn't bad because it's easy to put them back in place. just loosen your strings so you're able to twist them and raise them.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
uhh okay, do the exact opposite of what you did.

you know how you tightened those things that were loose when you took off your strings?
loosen your strings (a lot) so they're able to be adjusted again. "loosen" the bridge and tailpieces (that you tightened before by accident), so they'll be further from the body.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

it'll work. don't adjust it too high though, or else it'll be the opposite of having too low action.

Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.