...in California? Not for Illegal purposes such as entering someones house, but I lose my key alot and want to have a back up plan.
Quote by MuffinMan
I hope for a day when circumcised and uncircumcised penises can live together in harmony!

Quote by Kensai
Cowslayer, I recognize you as the Emperor of the universe. I applaud you in your awesomeness.
Wear a key necklace.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Lock picks are illegal most places unless you have a locksmith license. We can't have a bunch of unregistered people running around with a master key to everything. I keep a spare key in my wallet, it has saved my butt a few times.
Quote by Fat Brian
Lock picks are illegal most places unless you have a locksmith license. We can't have a bunch of unregistered people running around with a master key to everything. I keep a spare key in my wallet, it has saved my butt a few times.

eh? most states I've been in you can buy them in flea markets.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
oh snap you are in california?

*looks through curtains while double locking door*
Not Enough AssHatery
Quote by MySweetFracture
oh snap you are in california?

*looks through curtains while double locking door*

Yeah Napa to be Exact
Quote by MuffinMan
I hope for a day when circumcised and uncircumcised penises can live together in harmony!

Quote by Kensai
Cowslayer, I recognize you as the Emperor of the universe. I applaud you in your awesomeness.
Dont bet your life on a lockpickset.... spare key is far more relyable.... lockpicking is an art. YOu have to practise to get it consistant and accurate.
Stuff:VOX AD50VT
Gibson SG faded
Old steelstringed calssic
Hag Viking

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Well aren't you the ignorant asshat?
Quote by aaron6890
dude im telling you bump locks/keys, much easier, you just put the key in, bump it with a hammer (not really hard more of a tap) then turn and your done. just google it or youtube it or something.

This isnt as easy as it looks either. You need the right profile key to make it work and you need the lowest possible cuts on the key(means special locksmith machines) to have any succsess.
Stuff:VOX AD50VT
Gibson SG faded
Old steelstringed calssic
Hag Viking

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Well aren't you the ignorant asshat?
Quote by Fat Brian
I keep a spare key in my wallet, it has saved my butt a few times.

if someone steals your wallet they'd have your address (assuming you carry some form of ID in your wallet) and your key. i hope you can get a locksmith to change your locks quick if that happens.
from daylight...
...into darkness
^ Hai there, I haven't seen you in a while.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
buy one of those 4 pin code key holders..mount it by your back door or something.
youll never loose the key.

as for lock picks, search lockpicking101.com or try google, it depends on your state law.

I think they are not allowed in NJ but I had a set one time...fun to open locks but takes some time to learn.
The rake tool works well.