View poll results: Which are you?
Floyd rose guitarist!
26 18%
Non-Floyd rose guitarist!
68 46%
I use both!
53 36%
Voters: 147.
Are you a floyd rose guitarist user or not? or both?
Last edited by Techtonic at Feb 19, 2008,
iv never not been, both my electrics have a floyd rose. but i suck at using it.
Gear
Caparison Horus HGS
B.C. Rich Beast NJ Series
Alhambra 7FS
BOSS GT-8
Peavey Valve King 212
Nope not a Floyd Roser, I just love the fixed bridge feel.
tried both, owned both, tune o matic just feels right for me. of course it truly is opinion and preference
i have tried other guitars with fixed and floating trem units, but i use tune-o-matics and at points i wis i had a guitar with floyd rose. If i had the money, i would be a floyd roser.
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
i'm not...can't afford one
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Floyd rose definitely, although I'd like to get one with a tune-o-matic for down tuning and stuff.
Fixed bridge here... but I'm a noob so trems scare me
U-G Profile

Gear:
Seagull S Series Acoustic
Ibanez RG2EX1
DigiTech Grunge Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
DigiTech Hardwire Series TL-2 Metal Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
1980 Fender Vibro Champ (Weber Speaker, 6L6)
I use a fulcrum one way bridge =(......But I would love to use a floyd, I've used an OFR on a schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR at the Guitar Center before....It was out of this world....The only probs with Floyds is restringing and tuning..Aside from that, you can get some seriously good pitches and crazy sounds out of em..Gotta love Floyds..
My Gear:
Ibanez SV5470 Prestige
Washburn WG208
Marshall MG15DFX(Practice amp)
Peavey Classic Rocker 30/Vox AC15( Coming soon)
POD X3 Live..xD
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special(In my dreams...)
Floyds blow

I'll take a regular trem or stoptail any day.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Quote by diditfortehlulz
Floyds blow

I'll take a regular trem or stoptail any day.

+1
Cant stand floyds... You loose tone and sustain from them too belive it or not.... Much rather a standard strat trem
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
Quote by sheumack111
+1
Cant stand floyds... You loose tone and sustain from them too belive it or not.... Much rather a standard strat trem

You really don't loose that much sustain & like changing anything major on a guitar (bridges, nut, saddles, ect) it's tone will alter.
I've got 4 LP's as of 10 minutes ago, 2 have floyds in them and theres no difference in the sustain at all to be honest.

But I'm both a floyd & fixed-bridge user.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
i really dont need a floyd.

the trem on my strat is floating and beasically no matter how hard i abuse it by doing excessive hendrix dive bombs otr making that dimebag squeals it does not go out of tune
President of the Jeff Beck Club(PM me to join)

Sergeant Destroyer Member Of the KISS army

PM sloopy to join
Quote by sheumack111
+1

They thin your tone out so much.

Besides that, I'm able to keep a Strat trem pretty much perfectly in tune, even with pretty severe abuse.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
I don't personally think you lose alot of the sustain by having a floyd =/

I love floating trems because of the tuning stability
but unfortunately I change tunings ... alot

So I'm more of a both man xD
Quote by bobby_splax
i'm not...can't afford one

Same here
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
I bought a Jackson with a floyd on it and now it's hard to use anything else. When I play anything else I find myself reaching for the bar to pull back... then I feel disappointed.
It definatly lowers sustain. When you bend, The bridge moves forward, thus giving the string less time to vibrate.
Quote by CJRocker
Die hard Floyd user, but I keep a non trem guitar for down tuning.

Ditto.
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
PM Noxiosimitator to join
Quote by AA00P
Floyd rose definitely, although I'd like to get one with a tune-o-matic for down tuning and stuff.

Pretty much sums it up for me.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
I use both, I just got a new guitar with a FR on it, I don't know, I like it, but I sorta prefer the set trem, so, I'll probably get a set next guitar.

But, yeah, I use both.
My main guitar has a Floyd (really Ibanez ZR, but it's technically a floating trem, so it counts ), and I have my Squier Strat as my non-Floyd guitar. Non-Floyds come into their own when you want to change tunings, though ZR's with ZPS are supposed to be OK at this, but I haven't tried drop-D on my S470 yet. Still, keep your options open and, like the Mint Card advert: " 'Or' is a bore. 'And' says 'have both.' "

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
I've never owned a Floyd Rose, but I've tried a few. It doesn't bother me too much, but I wouldn't reject one if I had the chance to buy it.
both
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I like the feel of my hand sitting on a floyd rose bridge way more than a tune-o-matic. I also enjoy the versatility I can get when I need it. After you get used to it, Floyds aren't hard to re-string or tune at all.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Hardtail!

And one Kahler equipped guitar.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by diditfortehlulz

They thin your tone out so much.

Besides that, I'm able to keep a Strat trem pretty much perfectly in tune, even with pretty severe abuse.

Exactly...

And to the guy who said his les pauls sustain as well as his guitar with a floyd does...
Try blocking off your trem with some tone wood and see the difference it makes... Its amazing..... Also if your guitar with floyd is neck thru this will help....
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
If I had a ton of locking tremolo guitars, all in a specific tuning then yes, floyds all the way. Unfortunately I don't so I'm going with hardtail.

I kinda suck at using a trem, but I do like the ability to bend notes a little smoother with it though. I dunno, it's a toss up.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Non-Floyd user, fixed bridge and string bending is good enough for me, it makes me feel as if I have more control.
SG Commando #8, PM YOUNGBLOOD to join
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Waiting On Vox VT15 or VT30
Trem user. My next guitar will be an RG7321 though. No plans to ever get rid of my RG520.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Either vintage trem or "ashtray"/Telecaster style fixed. Floyd Roses just irritate me. Too high maintenance.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
they are touchy but are fun to play with
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Non-floyd guitarst. I prefer my Jaguar's floating trem
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab