Page 1 of 7
Searching these boards and the rest of the 'net, there's been a lot of anticipation about the Bugera line of amps that are now being released. I was the first person in my area to play one of the 6262's, possibly one of the first consumers in the US to play one who wasn't at a NAMM show.

This is my full review of the amp. Feel free to ask any questions.

Look and Features:
The Bugera 6262 is a sexy amp. To me it's aesthetics are a blend of a Peavey 5150 II, which this amp is modeled after, a Mesa, and also a bit of a Bogner. It's a nice piece to look at.
It has 2 channels (but in a way is a 3 to 4 channel amp, I'll get into this later), with separate EQ's. Also, it features a separate master Presence and Reverb control for both channels. The clean/crunch channel features a bright switch, which really shimmers. Power wise, this amp features 4 6L6 Power tubes, to make up it's 120 watt output, and the 6 12AX7 preamp tubes provide more gain than anyone will probably ever need. It's 2 channels, and reverb are footswitchable. The clean/crunch is also footswitchable, so really, this is a 3 channel amp, with 2 EQ's, but with the reverb switched on, it makes a great solo channel, so to me, this is almost like a 4 channel amp.

Sound:
Clean channel was very bright and shimmery, better than that on the 5150's that the amp was modeled after. With the bright switch flipped in, the cleans really pop, and makes a great tone for any country or blues player.
One thing I will say about this amp, ulike some amps, when you move the dials, you actually change the tone, and you hear it changing at your fingertips. And this is on every channel.
The Crunch channel (or setting on the clean side, however you want to look at it) is great for classic rock and low to mid gain settings. With the gain set around half way up on this channel, you an AC/DC type crunch. With the gain dimed out, you get something comparable to the Eddie Van Halen "Brown sound". This channel, like all of them, I found to be very responsive to your playing.
Now on the the high gain, or "Lead"Channel. WOW! When they advertise this amp as having "terrifying gain", they meant it. All the way from a EVH on steroids sizzle when the gain is low, to all out death metal doom when it's high, any hard rock/metal player has all the gain they'll ever need. The tone is very tight, not too much sag, and makes a very great rhythm sound for any hard rocker. Kick in the reverb when playing a solo, it's like a whole new channel. The tone is nice, round, and fat, and just scrams for playing leads. The tone sustains for days. One one other review on here, it read that the person thought the clarity on very high gain settings was weak, however, I found the clarity to be very good, especially on a high gain amp.
Overall, I never found a bad tone from this amp. However, as always, I always suggest playing an amp before buying it to make sure it's for you.

Quality: Seems pretty robust. It's around 50 pounds, and every knob and switch seemed sturdy. Only time will tell on reliability. According to my dealer, these amps were road tested, and were in R&D a long time to make ensure reliabilty, which is why the release has taken so long. Plus, the best part is the warranty (ON STORE BOUGHT BUGERAs ONLY). If it breaks down, you take it back, you get a replacement, no charge.

Overall:
Great amp. I hear the prices are already going up, rightfully so. This amp is definately a great value. I will be picking one up tomorrow, because the one I got to demo was bought 45 minutes after I left the store. I highly suggest checking these amps out, especially if you're not wanting to spend a small fortune to get a great tone.
If you're a hard rocker, a metal player, or in a cover band and need a large variety of tones, I suggest checking this amp out. I used to be playing a Peavey Windsor (which I love, and hate to part with), but I will be trading it in on this beast tomorrow (I can always pick up another Windor for next to nothing).

Hope this is helpful. Feel free to ask questions. I'll respond as soon as I can.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Sounds good. I actually played one about a month ago...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
wow can it really be that good? i hope its reliable. b/c i might actually get one -_-.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Quote by FLCLcowdude
Sounds good. I actually played one about a month ago...

Nice. I hear because of limited quantities and backorders, the distibution is going to be slow for a while.
I'm jealous you beat me to it.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Quote by papersun87
You didn't happen to play a 333 by chance, did you?

Nope, from what I hear, I won't be seeing those for a while. Could be a couple weeks, could be a couple months.
I'm expecting a Peavey Triple XXX inspired amp, but I will post a review of it when I play it. I'm expecting a brighter tone than the 6262's dark tone.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Quote by sjones
Nice. I hear because of limited quantities and backorders, the distibution is going to be slow for a while.
I'm jealous you beat me to it.

I liked how it sounded, but since I am not a metal head, I didn't really go nuts about it. It sounded FUKKIN wonderful for 450 dollars though.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by FLCLcowdude
I liked how it sounded, but since I am not a metal head, I didn't really go nuts about it. It sounded FUKKIN wonderful for 450 dollars though.

Prices have already jumped too. I hear they're gunna be around $600 soon.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Yeah, I've had it a week and I'm more satisfied every time I play it. I can't wait to get a Tube Screamer to really see what she can do. I actually sold my Metal Muff today (which i loved) because I couldn't go back to it after hearing the 6262 Lead. I just hope it has long-term reliability.

Note to Prospective Buyers:
I emailed the company about registering the amp online (which it tells you to do in the manual) because online registration isn't available yet. They emailed back saying something to the effect of "Thanks for bringing this to our attention!" Uh, why isn't it already at your attention? You'd think they could get their s*** together long enough to get their warranty service up and running. Customer service is kinda important.

They should really think twice about raising the price too. They are exceptional deals below $500. If they start rising to around $600+,a seasoned buyer would spring the extra $200 for a used Carvin V3 or Peavey 5150.
5150 Combo
LTD Viper 400 (EMG 81/85)
I'm tempted to get a 6262 for mostly bedroom level practice, but can you still get a good tone out of them without having to crank up the volume?

Also would it be possible to pull 2 of the power tubes out as I know a few people do with their 5150's.
Quote by Meatball200
I'm tempted to get a 6262 for mostly bedroom level practice, but can you still get a good tone out of them without having to crank up the volume?

Also would it be possible to pull 2 of the power tubes out as I know a few people do with their 5150's.

Don't most of these amps get most of their gain from the pre-amp, meaning you don't have to turn it up for the gain? Im not sure though....
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by cmakkidguitar
Don't most of these amps get most of their gain from the pre-amp, meaning you don't have to turn it up for the gain? Im not sure though....

Generally, yes. Pulling tubes is also possibble, but won't give you gallons of gain, or anything.
Quote by cmakkidguitar

You mean turn up the volume?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
can you make a video?
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Quote by aznrockerdude
You mean turn up the volume?

Yea, as in you don't have to work the powertubes by cranking it in order to make full use of the gain....
I don't really know for sure So don't take my word for it 100%
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
How is the EQ on this amp mainly the amount of Bass control I have owned a 5150 but that shared the EQ wiht both channels. I have ordered a 6262 and should be here next week.
Wow this amp sounds so perfect. I just looked up the price too and I think I'm gonna try and get one later on. Nice review.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Quote by Meatball200

You can get a really heavy distortion as long as the volume is around 1.5-2. A good rule of thumb is you can get good tone without waking the neighbors, but probably not without waking your spouse/parents/roommate.

Obviously the more you crank it, the better it sounds (though I find anything beyond 3 unbearably loud in my room)

As far as pulling the power tubes, it could probably be done, but wouldn't make much of a difference at bedroom volumes.
I too was worried it wouldn't have enough gain at low volumes,but it has more than plenty. And you can have confidence it will sound even better when you can really flex its muscles.
5150 Combo
Im pretty intrigued by them.

I heard the 333 is like the XXX, the 333XL is like the JSX, The 6260 = 6505 and the 6262 = 6505+.......i would like to know if this is true.

Also how is the lead tone, could it get liquid gain tones like on ENGL?
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
I wonder what, exactly, is the relationship between Bugera and Behringer?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
behringer distributes bugera's products ya.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by stigma15

They should really think twice about raising the price too. They are exceptional deals below $500. If they start rising to around $600+,a seasoned buyer would spring the extra $200 for a used Carvin V3 or Peavey 5150.

Very true. If the amp has a better clean channel than the 5150 though, why would you buy a used amp when a new amp for the same price will do a better job. As for a used V3, it is probably a better choice than a bugera.

Haven't tried either one though, really wish I could find one locally.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
If the amp has a better clean channel than the 5150 though, why would you buy a used amp when a new amp for the same price will do a better job.

Peavey has proven reliability and better resale value.
5150 Combo
Quote by jerm__
Im pretty intrigued by them.

I heard the 333 is like the XXX, the 333XL is like the JSX, The 6260 = 6505 and the 6262 = 6505+.......i would like to know if this is true.

Also how is the lead tone, could it get liquid gain tones like on ENGL?

True, they are based on the Peavey products, but they do have their own touches.

The lead tone is great IMO, I really like the fact that the reverb fattens it up, and it is footswitchable.

Also, Bugera amps are separate from Behringer. The only relationship is distibution. Some Behringer products use Bugera speakers, which is how the companies came into contact.

I bought the 6262 today, and I will play my first show with it tomorrow. I'll let everyone know how it goes.
Quote by Zeppelin71
sounds pretty good. I've been hearing good things; never seen one though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I was almost set on a Tiny Terror until I read this review. A more flexible 5150 for the same price? I'm just a little put off by the inhuman wattage (same reason why I wouldn't go for a 5150). If sjones agrees with the TS, I might order one. I can always return it within 30 days and still get myself the TT.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
If i went bugera, im considering the 333xl too. The combo versions of each.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhN6iLMtm74

Thats a head (not using the v3 also, right?)
I wonder how much different those stock speakers in the combo would sound though... Or if id just be better off getting a head and 2x12 cab for a couple hundred $...

A bugera 4x12 costs $230-$250 before shipping, so comparing that to 2x12s that cost $200... Not the best quality?

Not going vader just yet... $400 for a 2x12 cab
Last edited by Aus-10 at Feb 25, 2008,
333 and 333xl are identical amps bar a few minor differences. 333 has 6l6s where as the xl has el34s in the poweramp(can switch tho) xl has a bass response switch too as well as a noise gate. Other than that they are the same amp /:
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by EARNEST
ordered from thomann bugera 6262+212 now gonan wait for it

Damn you, was gonna order one too soon, but now they're out again. Oh well, just have to wait.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Green_Jelly
I was almost set on a Tiny Terror until I read this review. A more flexible 5150 for the same price? I'm just a little put off by the inhuman wattage (same reason why I wouldn't go for a 5150). If sjones agrees with the TS, I might order one. I can always return it within 30 days and still get myself the TT.

Played my first gig with the amp on Saturday. I must say it help up very well. It was a small club, and even at low volumes this amp prduced great tones. One of my friends has some video clips, so I will be uploading those to Youtube in a couple days.

If you're looking for a hard rock/metal amp on a budget, this is the way to go. The cleans on this amp are also very good, something I was impressed with. When I was using a Peavey Windsor, I would always have to front end my amp with an OD to get the tight sound and gain I wanted. With the 6262, I found I could get that without the OD, and it only came on during solos.

First gig went well with the new amp, even though I didn't have a whole lot of time to tweak it (bought it Friday, played Saturday). The 6262 gets my thumbs up.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Im also curious what you guys think would be different between the combo and head versions of this amp? They're very affordable amps, but i dont want to shell out an extra 3-400 dollars for a cab before I can play it. Im leaning toward the combo, but what do you guys think?
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"
Quote by sjones
I was the first person in my area to play one of the 6262's, possibly one of the first consumers in the US to play one who wasn't at a NAMM show.

Behringer sent us (the music shop I work at) the 6262 before the NAMM show.

(Although we didnt put it out until they started shipping)

Anywho, good review. Since, like I said, I work at a place that has these amps EVERYONES been asking me about them. I will point people this way instead of writing the same things over and over!
You know what.... I'm sold.. I'm getting a 6262.

Can't beat £356 for something that is pretty ****ing awesome if you look up on youtube and stuff. Not heard a bad word yet