wait.... ABCD are four different digits in one number, and the final number is the reverse of those digits?

You should've explained that, fool.
Oh, hey, more Spam.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
I thought some people here know more than just Guitar

Here is the Answer LOL!!

2178 * 4 = 8712

'a' must be 1 or 2 or else a 5-digit product would be formed.
but 'a' cant be 1 since d * 4 ends in 'a' and so 'a' must be even. so 'a' is 2
d must then be 3 or 8 since 4*d ends in 2. but d cant be 3 because 4*a (plus any carry) equals d so d must be at least 4. so d is 8.
at this point you can just try the other numbers for c and see what b must be. only the one combination works.
(or, if you notice that there is no carry digit with 4*b, (since 2*4=8 already) b must be 0 or 1 (2 is used already), and 0 wont work)

I still love you guys
Quote by angeldef
I thought some people here know more than just Guitar

Here is the Answer LOL!!

2178 * 4 = 8712

'a' must be 1 or 2 or else a 5-digit product would be formed.
but 'a' cant be 1 since d * 4 ends in 'a' and so 'a' must be even. so 'a' is 2
d must then be 3 or 8 since 4*d ends in 2. but d cant be 3 because 4*a (plus any carry) equals d so d must be at least 4. so d is 8.
at this point you can just try the other numbers for c and see what b must be. only the one combination works.
(or, if you notice that there is no carry digit with 4*b, (since 2*4=8 already) b must be 0 or 1 (2 is used already), and 0 wont work)

I still love you guys

So what I thought was right... You should've made it clear that ABC and D were digits, rather than numbers being multiplied together (as they would be in algebra)
Quote by synpet713192
So what I thought was right... You should've made it clear that ABC and D were digits, rather than numbers being multiplied together (as they would be in algebra)

Only small letters are used actually, never seen caps used in algebra.
Quote by Shea Donoghue
"WHY DON'T YOU JUST F*CK OFF?!" So I ran up to her face and went "FINE, I F*CKING WILL" and stuck my hands down my pants and started masturbating. My friends were pissing themselves laughing while she just went "JESUS CHRIST"