I was thinking about buying a fender american telecaster. Would it be able to handle playing like metal, and some of the heavier modern rock? along with classic rock?
Ibanez RGR420EX
B.C. Rich MockingBird w/ EMG 81/85

Peavey Valveking 212 Tube Combo

Electro harmonix Metal Muff
Electro harmonix Big Muff
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
It should be fine in theory.
But will not sound good through your MG..
Quote by Moe.
It should be fine in theory.
But will not sound good through your MG..

I second that. You could use an amp replacement more than a guitar at this point. A good amp will get you a tone closer to what you want than a new guitar (through a shitty amp).
mg's a good solid state true they aren't tubes but they work ok
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by BAoxymoron
mg's a good solid state true they aren't tubes but they work ok

Do you endorse Marshall MG's?
If no, prepare to be told otherwise about your statement.
If yes, Run..
I play a mexican telecaster. I play mostly metal. Honestly, i love the way it sounds. but without humbuckers it screams alot easier. Noise gate can help that though.
Quote by Moe.
Do you endorse Marshall MG's?
If no, prepare to be told otherwise about your statement.
If yes, Run..

they are good SOLID STATE but they aren't tubes
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Telecasters can get metal tone, just how strats can. It's all about the amp and all about which pickups you choose. I don't know if tele's are pre-routed for humbuckers like strats are, i'm not a fender dude, but you definitely need to rock some humbuckers.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Quote by BAoxymoron
they are good SOLID STATE but they aren't tubes

why do you hate them so much
-George Will

It sounds bad.
To TS; Check out Aaron Fink. He plays with a modern rock tone and does at times use a telecaster.