"Anything" :

Which genre would you all classify this as?

BAND PAGE:
www.myspace.com/estoricalwisdom

DISCLAIMER:
Any ear bleeding or injuries that result from the combination high-quality guitars and extremely low-quality vocals is strictly the fault of the listener... We need a vocalist.

LYRICS:

Take
Take It All From Me
Take Everything you see
I don't need anything

This Happy Song You Sing...
But another tragedy;
Another kid lost,
In A Fake Society

Too Afraid to dream,
Take It All From Me,
Take Everything you see!
I don't need anything!

(Let Me Tell You Something Cucumber...)

SO WE START AGAIN,
LOSS OF ANOTHER FRIEND;
THOUGHT THEY'D STICK IT OUT, TO THE END
HOPES... AMBITIONS... JUST ANOTHER TREND

SO YOU WANT IT ALL TO END
THESE HOPELESS THOUGHTS YOU MEND
STILL TRYING TO PRETEND
I GUESS ITS TIME TO END
Well I was gonna say acoustic rock until it got the end. Acoustic punk maybe?

I think it would've been better if the whole thing was acoustic, you don't have to have distortion to be punk. Just play the hell out of the acoustic. Also, just have your vocalist practice. He's not that bad. Take off whatever weird effects are on him and improve the recording quality. And turn him up a little.

Catchy song though. And ya, acoustic rock or acoustic punk maybe. But the end made it hard to classify.
i liked it. i think the vocals could use some work. They are pretty quiet at times so its har to tell i they suck or its just the recording. I thought the transition from acustic to electric was cool - seemed to give the ending a little more power - what ever that means..... i think you guys should work on your transitions(like from acustic to electric) a little more, they seem kinda weak. Also i think it might be cool if you were to play acustic and electric at the same time in the "electric" part of the song, it might add another layer of depth. Overall not bad and keep it up

oh yeah and as far as genre, well its hard to say maby rock lol sorry thats totally useless but its all i can come up with. it has some punk and some rock qualities so who the hell knows im good with just calling it music
Last edited by Collapsar at Feb 20, 2008,
yeah i liked it. there were parts where you could hear the acoustic clipping, add a compressor to it when you are next recording and that should help. the acoustic did go out of time at parts and the strumming was hesistant when the player kinda lost their place. clean the vocal back up and turn him up a bit, if he genuinely cant sing you cant hide it with effects or by putting other instruments over it, put it right at the front where it should be with a bit of work the vocalist could be good, certainly not the best i have ever heard but with potential. he didnt hit that many wrong notes i dont think, just a bit hesistant to stretch his voice to hit the notes perfectly. erm i dunno what i would classify this as......acoustic punk as shortyafter said.
Guitars-
krozka-sharpe raider session 'revo'
ibanez s520ex with SD TB-10 full shred bridge
ibanez sz520qm
epiphone les paul custom
epiphone EJ200

Amp-
Orange tiny terror with PPC112 cab