i made up this pretty cool sounding riff and i want to try to make a song around it but first i was wondering if anyone could tell me if this comes from a particular scale or if its more of less random. it kinda seems random to me cause i dont know much about scales but if it does fit in somewhere that will give me a direction to go with the song. id appreciate it if someone could help me identify what scale this is and maybe some others that could go good with it.
B|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------15----------|
G|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------12-----14---------14----|
D|-7-------9---8---5-------7--------9----12---11-------7--------9----12---------------------------9--|
A|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|----7--------------------------7------------------------------7-------------------------------------------|
Quote by loganrocksabass

how can your girlfriend be in your band if she's in the kitchen?
I see it as a mixture between B harmonic minor and B natural minor.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
hmm, this is kind of beside the point but... i was checking out those 2 scales and i agree that looks to be it but how is it in B when it doesnt start or end on B?
Quote by loganrocksabass

how can your girlfriend be in your band if she's in the kitchen?
Quote by ratm92
but how is it in B when it doesnt start or end on B?

-Because it doesn't have to start nor end on B, as long as it contains the notes which belongs to a particular scale.
You are currently reading my sig.

"Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah. Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah." - Robert Plant
Since it starts on A even though it's based off scales in B, you can use the A Locrian mode if you put a m7b5 chord in the backing as well.