Someone offered me to get his guitar, http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=groverjacksoncq5.jpg and I've no idea of this brand.As far as I know,Grover is a name of a machinehead and Jackson is the name of a kick ass guitar brand.Any idea about this guitar?Is it reliable?It comes with a LFR, so I'm rather skeptical about the tuning stability.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Japan market only Jackson from the late 90's. Pretty nice guitars.. Grover Jackson is the name of the guy who owned Jackson. There is kind of a story behind why they ended up called that (and why Japan market Jacksons of today are called Jackson STARS) but thats for another time. What is he looking for? The LFR probably isn't any better than other Jackson fair of the time, so it may or may not still be in working order.
Don't quote me on guitar history, but I'm pretty sure Grover Jackson was the guy who made Randy Rhoad's guitar, and started the Jackson company. I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere...
Quote by Dizeaz2112
Don't quote me on guitar history, but I'm pretty sure Grover Jackson was the guy who made Randy Rhoad's guitar, and started the Jackson company. I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere...

Yep. He bought Charvel from Wayne around '79. When he made the Concorde, he was afraid it was too radical for the Charvel name, so put his own on it. From then on, Jackson were the neck-thru super Strats and odd shapes and Charvel was for your more traditional Strat head bolt on guitars until 1986, when the company essentially merged with IMC.