Can the single rec do stuff like Killswitch Engage, Unearth, All that remains kinda stuff without a OD pedal?

If not I plan on putting a Maxon OD-808 in front of it.
yes. maxon OD9 would be even better though.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Quote by gpderek09
yes. maxon OD9 would be even better though.

Whats the difference?

I heard Adam and Joel of KSE helped design the pedal.
You clearly haven't even played it, but you're willing to shell out over a grand for it?
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
You clearly haven't even played it, but you're willing to shell out over a grand for it?

$800 on eBay, Hya.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by tr3nt
$800 on eBay, Hya.

That's really not the point.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Some times Someone cannot try the amp out due to location, Or found what they know is a good deal
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by KaneIsRaw13
Whats the difference?

I heard Adam and Joel of KSE helped design the pedal.

They didn't help design the pedal. Maxon used to make the TS-9 (now by Ibanez). The OD-9 and OD-808 are basicly like older (and better) versions of the TS-9/TS-808.
I would think the amp would do just fine. You have to be careful though, don't overdrive the preamp. Once you find the sweet spot of the gain knob, you will be set.
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
Quote by Archeo Avis
That's really not the point.

If he doesn't like it he can sell on ebay and get his money back. There's a huge advantage of used - easy to make the money right back so it's not completely necessary to try it out.
Agreed. I could sell my Dual rec for about as much as I paid for it.
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
Quote by zoomzilla
I would think the amp would do just fine. You have to be careful though, don't overdrive the preamp. Once you find the sweet spot of the gain knob, you will be set.

overdriving the preamp is how you get distortion, especially on high gain amps like the recto, why would you not do that?
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
overdriving the preamp is how you get distortion, especially on high gain amps like the recto, why would you not do that?

You missed my point. You can drive a preamp hard, but when you get to the point of overdriving it, the sound becomes muddy and also microphonic. For example, try turning the gain on channel 3 to 3 oclock or higher. Tell me how it sounds, then back it down some and you will understand what I mean. Somewhere around 2 oclock or less is the sweet spot on those amps.
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
Quote by zoomzilla
You missed my point. You can drive a preamp hard, but when you get to the point of overdriving it, the sound becomes muddy and also microphonic. For example, try turning the gain on channel 3 to 3 oclock or higher. Tell me how it sounds, then back it down some and you will understand what I mean. Somewhere around 2 oclock or less is the sweet spot on those amps.

Tbh, I have noticed that a bit on my Roadster. Not like I use that much gain anyway. But I get my modern tone at about 1 o clock.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by tr3nt
Tbh, I have noticed that a bit on my Roadster. Not like I use that much gain anyway. But I get my modern tone at about 1 o clock.

Yep! Even in the owners manual they tell you to be careful about using too much gain. You can fry out your preamp tubes pretty quickly. It's not hard to tell when you are at the sweet spot and when you have gone past it. It sounds really tinny and crappy when you overdrive the preamp.
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
Very true. I use about 50 percent of the gain on my Modern setting. It sounds harsh when you overdrive the preamp. But, I cranked the power amp the other day and it was one of the most beautiful sounds ever.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
I bet it was. I will never CRANK my master. I only have a 100W cab, so cranking it could blow my speakers. I would say about 3oclock would be about as high as I would go. Unless I pulled tubes, then I would run it wide open.
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah