I've known how to play the beginning of this song for a while now, but just recently decided to learn more of it, thinking it wouldn't be any more difficult than what I already knew (which wasn't too hard). It's kicking my ass! I think it's harder than the infamous YYZ, actually. I haven't gotten up to the bass solo yet, but it looks scary. Does anyone else know how to play this whole song fairly well? If so, how long did it take you to learn it?
i've seen the video for the solo and just be warned, there is bass tapping nvolved... but it is a great song...best of luck!
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Quote by IndianRockStar
Yeah in sinan's fastest bassist thread I think it was in the top 5 for speed. I believe it is close to 20.

Ouch... this may take a while.
The hardest part is the arpeggios which occur somewhere in the middle. The rest is easy. I'd personally say YYZ is harder, and I can pretty much play both of them.

Ytse isn't too bad once you get the hang of it.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Maybe I'm jumping the gun since I've only been trying for 2 days or so... YYZ did take forever for me to learn. I can still only play it at 75% speed without messing up, though.