Ive had my Ibanez JEM 7vsbl for about 2 months now, and everything has gone wrong with it. A wire in my pickup selector went bad, but that wasnt a big deal, since my guitar teacher like builds his own guitars, and fixes his students and such. Well it turned out to be huge deal. My guitar teacher probably thinks I beat the crap out of my guitar. For the past 4 weeks I have gone to guitar lessons, and he has fixed it, and I go home happy. 1 hour later after playing it goes bad. Every time he thinks he finally got it, but he doesn't. Just went bad on me again. Guitar lessons are tomorrow. Thinking about just changing out all of the wires and pots. You guys every had a guitar like this? I'm sooooo frustrated, becausw when it goes bad, it makes like a crappy single coil sound. Know what I mean? I'm so frustrated because I usually play like 3 hours a day. :-( Sorry for my rant guys.

Good news is I got the JEM for 1200$, but the guy I got it from replaced the pickup selector, and did the worst soldering Job you could ever see.
that sucks man

see if you can find a used jem pickup selector and all the spare wires/parts and stuff and just have your teacher rip all the stuff out and solder a whole new selector
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
If the previous owner hacked up a wire job then it's explainable that it doesn't stay together too well. Really though, a complete clean rewire of a JEM would take twenty minutes for someone who knows what they're doing.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
If the previous owner hacked up a wire job then it's explainable that it doesn't stay together too well. Really though, a complete clean rewire of a JEM would take twenty minutes for someone who knows what they're doing.

And it would be well worth it to do completely rewire it

Good luck!
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
thats why you dont buy a foreign guitar
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Quote by LPstudioWRz28
thats why you dont buy a foreign guitar

Says obvious Tradionalist Gibson Fanboy.

Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Quote by Teh GIR
Says obvious Tradionalist Gibson Fanboy.

Heh, plus a pie for you, sir.

TS, I have a Squier like that. It's haunted by a panda.