Well I just got myself an American Deluxe Strat ( ) and it plays and sounds great!!

..but being used to Gibson styles I have no idea how to take care of it.

First off, I think the guy upgraded it so that it has locking tuners. How exactly are those strung?

Secondly I noticed that on the treble strings (most notably on the B and E), I can't bend past the 15th fret without it "fretting out". Now I've read a little on it, and I think it's common due to the neck radius, right? But is there any way to fix this? Like say if I made the action a bit higher?

Lastly, I'm not quite clear on how to adjust the action on the strat. I know I have to use the allen wrench and everything, but I noticed there are two adjustment screws (if you can call it that?) on each saddle. How do I make sure one side's not higher than the other?

Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
With locking tuners just string it normally, but turn the wheel on the back of the tuner to lock in the string.

Are you bending down toward the floor? With the treble strings try bending by pushing up.

You just sort of feel or eyeball to make sure the sides of the saddles are even... no way to be exact.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
With locking tuners just string it normally, but turn the wheel on the back of the tuner to lock in the string.

Are you bending down toward the floor? With the treble strings try bending by pushing up.

You just sort of feel or eyeball to make sure the sides of the saddles are even... no way to be exact.

Uhh yeah, I am bending up..
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
This is specific to Sperzel locking tuners, but the idea is pretty much the same for any locking tuner.

http://www.specialtyguitars.com/sperzel.html
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."