Anyone know of a good model to look for on craigslist that's dirt cheap but reliable (that I don't have to take to the shop etc.) and has decent mileage??

I really would like to avoid spending more than $1000 on it.

Thanks
Pretty much anything Toyota and Honda.
Quote by chillininfl
dude, you don't even deserve her. women deserve respect. not rights, but respect. =]
Quote by GiantRaven
Having absolutely no body hair streamlines you. Means you can play guitar faster

Quote by captainjackass
look on kraigslist. they have some pretty krazy deals. I saw a used Honda sivik on there for only $500, and an impala...

haha @ Goodbye C.
Failure is a far greater teacher than success.
Unified

Gear:
Schecter C-1
Peavey Classic 30
Roland Cube 30
DD-3
Ibanez WD-7
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
you kould buy my truk... only $500... you may not look kool driving it and mileage... well its not TOO bad but hey it runs good!
Quote by Burtonjp
Thats right.. I'm drooling over your body... *walks off and registers as a gay sex offender *

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by iwishiwasafish
Pretty much anything Toyota and Honda.

Yeah, but used Hondas are a little pricey. I got me a Honda.

But, I will say this: Unless you know about cars, you should take any car you buy to a mechanic as soon as you buy it, or before you buy it if possible.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Toyotas and Hondas are pricey.

Try a Daihatsu or an older Holden. Nissan Pulsars are good and so are Ford Festivas/Fiestas.
electro music alliance

Moon of The Mighty Boosh Appreciation Society PM *Juno* to join!

Quote by The 6th String
I learned to dance by watching amputees have seizures...
Quote by lucid_strat
Toyotas and Hondas are pricey.

Try a Daihatsu or an older Holden. Nissan Pulsars are good and so are Ford Festivas/Fiestas.

that sounds like a BIG lie, haha, might as well tell him to get a geometric

I would suggest something by VW, I think I'm getting about a jetta in a couple of months, my mustang is gonna cost me too much
Quote by solitaryshell90

I would suggest something by VW, I think I'm getting about a jetta in a couple of months, my mustang is gonna cost me too much

VW parts are expensive in the US, and QC isn't the best. And, what's wrong with Geos? My friend is getting one, so I'd like to warn him about any troubles he should check on.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by solitaryshell90

I'm not sure where you're from, but here in Australia it's almost impossible to find a decent VW under $1000 that isn't at breaking point.
electro music alliance

Quote by The 6th String
Quote by lucid_strat
I'm not sure where you're from, but here in Australia it's almost impossible to find a decent VW under $1000 that isn't at breaking point.

ah ok, over here, I can find one for pretty cheap, might end up getting like an '02 jetta
Quote by solitaryshell90
ah ok, over here, I can find one for pretty cheap, might end up getting like an '02 jetta

I get what you mean. The demand usually depends on your location. Here in Australia people tend to go for Australian made cars because the parts are easy and cheap to find locally. Everyone here mostly drives Holdens or Fords. VWs and Jettas are kind of rare down here.
electro music alliance

Quote by The 6th String
Quote by lucid_strat.
Everyone here mostly drives Holdens or Fords.

Not true, anymore at least.

There's only one holden and one ford in my ENTIRE family, we're talking extended here aswell. The Toyota Camry was even outselling the Commodore I believe.

If we're talking Australia, please don't go for a $1000~ Common*****. Sure, parts are cheap, but you'll be forever fixing something. Ask me how I know.

Try and stay Japanese for reliabilty.
-Mazda 323
-Ford Laser KC/KE (Effectively the same as a 323)
-Mitsubishi Magna (Not great to drive but these things take a beating!)
-Nissan Pulsar is a good choice. The Pulsar Q (I think....the one with a 1.8) is actually quite a good drive.
-Toyotta Corolla, should be able to pick up an AE82.

Other things to consider is road worthy certificate and registration. All of a sudden this $1k car can get quite expensive.

Mind you, this info is only usefull if you're from Australia.....if not, disregard.
Quote by chillininfl
dude, you don't even deserve her. women deserve respect. not rights, but respect. =]
Quote by GiantRaven
Having absolutely no body hair streamlines you. Means you can play guitar faster

get a GEO. only bad thing with that is that if you get in a crash, you are guaranteed to die.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
Quote by Flying Afros
get a GEO. only bad thing with that is that if you get in a crash, you are guaranteed to die.

Nice way to jynx my dad. he drives one to work everyday because it saves alot of gas. damn that thing is lame though. geo is crap.

on topic now umm buy something from japan. Your american car wont last long. Go honda or toyota. I have a yukon,mustang gt,f-150, and a geo metro. they are all american vehicles and i hate em. man my parents are urgh
RAW ROCK KILLS!- ShowBread
Hello, My name is Armando and im your bunny
Quote by iwishiwasafish
Not true, anymore at least.

There's only one holden and one ford in my ENTIRE family, we're talking extended here aswell. The Toyota Camry was even outselling the Commodore I believe.

If we're talking Australia, please don't go for a $1000~ Common*****. Sure, parts are cheap, but you'll be forever fixing something. Ask me how I know.

Try and stay Japanese for reliabilty.
-Mazda 323
-Ford Laser KC/KE (Effectively the same as a 323)
-Mitsubishi Magna (Not great to drive but these things take a beating!)
-Nissan Pulsar is a good choice. The Pulsar Q (I think....the one with a 1.8) is actually quite a good drive.
-Toyotta Corolla, should be able to pick up an AE82.

Other things to consider is road worthy certificate and registration. All of a sudden this $1k car can get quite expensive.

Mind you, this info is only usefull if you're from Australia.....if not, disregard.

I agree with you. We're a Toyota Family, but there's a big demand for Corolla's now and the 2nd hand prices have gone up quite a bit lately. For a $1000 budget that's all I could really recommend in my previous post. I don't think you can get a decent Mazda for $1000 even where I am. I had a Magna and many would agree it's pretty crappy but yes, good if you're young and don't care. Even though they are fairly cheap, stay away from Korean cars like Hyundai.
electro music alliance

Quote by The 6th String