I went to my local msic store today and tried out an SG and Les Paul both Epiphone, and i loved the Les paul by far, alot denser and great feel and fluency, but the thing is is that they were charging $900-$1200 AU for it, and i thought you could get them in the $500 range, is there any place that i can get an Epiphone Les Paul in that range?

Edit: Though there were ones in there for $400 but had only i volume and tone toggle, is there much difference between that one and the higher priced one
Last edited by /\AC/\DC/\ at Feb 20, 2008,
great looking guitar, and good price, did you buy one of them? And do they ship to Australia?
i paid $400.00 for mine, and i LOVE it..its my baby. since i got mine, the price has gone up, but not by much...check guitar center
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

550bucks from me

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

He's aussie... the cheapest I've seen a standard is about 670 I think... I'm not sure that I personally would want to pay for it that cheaply (I'm always suspicious), but if you're interested, you can find one example here:

http://www.drumpower.com.au/store/product.php?productid=199&cat=87&page=1
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
if you try it and they sound good to you then they might be worth the cash but i paid for mine only 600 dollars and it wasn´t used or anything.
i mean for 1000 $ you can get gibson used
President of the Jeff Beck Club(PM me to join)

Sergeant Destroyer Member Of the KISS army

PM sloopy to join
lolz
here in holland you heve the les pauls for like 600 euro's, and thats an expencive one
and the gibson studio's start at 1000 euro's

Maybe you can look for an used one,
Also good, only cheaper
Quote by Tias
lolz
here in holland you heve the les pauls for like 600 euro's, and thats an expencive one
and the gibson studio's start at 1000 euro's

Maybe you can look for an used one,
Also good, only cheaper

holland owns every country! xD at my local shop they're 500 euro's
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
I win my Epiphone Les Paul Junior cost $272. Talk about a ****ty country for guitars...
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
thanks guys, there are proper ones on ebay australia that are $500 from a warehouse in New South Wales, brand new, and they're the same ones as the $900 ones, do you think i should get one from one of the warehouses selling them cheaper?
Most of you guys are responding to him in USD, while he's talking about AU
but holy crap, 900 AU for that? Thats like ~800 USD, while the Les Paul Standard is ~$400 USD~$450AU
With epis you want to buy the one you play. The epi quality control is pretty spotty. The really good one at the store doesnt mean the one you get from a warehouse will play as good. It might or might not more likely not. The money saved wont do any good if you dont like how it plays, or one with a screwy fret board.
Quote by RPGoof
Most of you guys are responding to him in USD, while he's talking about AU
but holy crap, 900 AU for that? Thats like ~800 USD, while the Les Paul Standard is ~$400 USD~$450AU

maybe i should get one from america? Those guitars will work on australian amps right? Cause they look alot cheaper than from here
Quote by /\AC/\DC/\
thanks guys, there are proper ones on ebay australia that are $500 from a warehouse in New South Wales, brand new, and they're the same ones as the $900 ones, do you think i should get one from one of the warehouses selling them cheaper?

Thats suspicious (excuse my **** spelling) also when your not going to play it i wouldnt go for it i would rather pay 900 for something i play and like and pay 500 for something ill only get to play when i pay for it

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

hey ts those ones on ebay are from china they are fakes... they get the serial right and you will assume its real from that but they are fake.