I am just wondering whats the difference between the 2008 model of the Ibanez RG2550 which have a shark inlays and the one with the dot inlays (which i don't know what year it came out, i saw one thread saying 2003, but i don't really know, if you can provide the info that would be great).

08 Model
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-Prestige-Series-RG2550Z-Electric-Guitar-515738-i1387319.gc

Unknown Model
http://www.ibanator.com/rg2550egk.html

I prefer the dot inlays (shark once is too fancy for me, i want to look humble when i play ), though do they have the same spec...like edge pro and dimarzio pick, etc.
The biggest differences would be:

-the inlays, but you already noticed that

-the trem; the 2008 ones have an Edge Zero

-the 2008 doesn't have a string retainer, plus it has a little holder on the back for allen wrenches
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap
The biggest differences would be:

-the inlays, but you already noticed that

-the trem; the 2008 ones have an Edge Zero

-the 2008 doesn't have a string retainer, plus it has a little holder on the back for allen wrenches

Though i don't know how the Edge Zero is, i think the Edge Pro is a good trem (which i think the one i posted have). Though i never had a trem before, is the string retainer have any benefit?

All in all looks like the 2008 isn't that great of an improvement, in my humble opinion i think the older version is better no?

P.S. I don't really care about that allen wrenches holder, i got a case for tools i need. LOL
Last edited by angeldef at Feb 20, 2008,
Quote by angeldef
Though i don't know how the Edge Zero is, i think the Edge Pro is a good trem (which i think the one i posted have). Though i never had a trem before, is the string retainer have any benefit?

All in all looks like the 2008 isn't that great of an improvement, in my humble opinion i think the older version is better no?

P.S. I don't really care about that allen wrenches holder, i got a case for tools i need. LOL

The Edge Zero is best described as the front of an Edge Pro, with the bottom of a ZR. They're just out, but they look pretty cool.

The string retainer is a small metal bar which is essentially a huge string tree. Personally, I don;t like them so I'm glad they're gone.

So, no, I don't think the older version is better.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
The Edge Zero is best described as the front of an Edge Pro, with the bottom of a ZR. They're just out, but they look pretty cool.

The string retainer is a small metal bar which is essentially a huge string tree. Personally, I don;t like them so I'm glad they're gone.

So, no, I don't think the older version is better.

Can i take them out, String Retainer thats is?

Also, Is it true that Edge pro is unstable and need a locking stud so it will return to original position when whammied? Does the old version one have a locking stud already?
Last edited by angeldef at Feb 20, 2008,
Quote by angeldef

Also, Is it true that Edge pro is unstable and need a locking stud so it will return to original position when whammied?

No. Edge Pro is the balls, although I'm sure there are a few bad ones floating around out there.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
Quote by angeldef

Also, Is it true that Edge pro is unstable and need a locking stud so it will return to original position when whammied? Does the old version one have a locking stud already?

No, not really.

Unless of course you don't use the locking nut.

Also, the Edge Pro isn't unstable, you can just upgrade it:

http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/stud_mod_03.htm

Keep in mind that the most Edge Pro owners do not do this, yet still don't complain.