Ok guys, I got this guitar off ebay and I rekon it sounds pretty good from the looks and description

Can't get a link to it but it is a Ibenez, it looks like a thin les paul with double cutaway and it is black, i got it for $243 AU

Was it a good choice?

EDIT: Here is what it looks like except in black
http://www.penmachine.com/musicpages/musicimages/ibanez_gax30.jpg

EDIT 2 EDIT: It came with a hard case so the guitar really only cost $143
And if it sounds bad enough, I'll change the pickups but it is more of a spare guitar that me and my bro will share
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
Last edited by Dimster Ds at Feb 21, 2008,
it looks kind of cheaply made, but I've never played that model so I couldn't tell you for sure. You'll find out when you get it.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by civildp1
it looks kind of cheaply made, but I've never played that model so I couldn't tell you for sure. You'll find out when you get it.

My friend had one from a starter pack as his first guitar. And that's pretty much what it is, a starter guitar. He bought a Jag and hasn't looked at this one since.

He had it in a pack like this http://www.musoscorner.com.au/site/index.cfm?module=STORETIGER&bit=products&product_id=170230&cart_id=36392677-D0E6-9F18-379863FA3826990B#
Quote by Skwisgaar Skwigelf
Fish don't gots no good metal to listens to.
if you have a epiphone les paul, why on earth did you need to buy this? that money could have been spent on pups for your les paul dude
shoulda saved the money for something more useful like the 2 pedals u want in ur sig or even pups for ur other guitars.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
yeah u just pissed away a lot of money. unless it was a gibson dc pro les paul
No doubt the ibanez is designed to imitate a les paul/sg so there was really no point in buying it...
i have it as a beginner its superb but if you have a epi lp it's like having a ferrari and buying a fiat Panda Just WTF??? it's agathis crap bridge crap pups
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
If you like it and how it plays, then great. But in retrospect, you could have spent the money on other items to improve your overall sound. Do you not like the LP you have?
No, I love the lp I have, that had nothing to do with this

Here is what happened, my dad saw that guitar on ebay for $100, that is nothing to him so he asked me if I wanted it, so I said yeah, so he waited till the last minute to bid so it went up and ended up at $243

But, here's the thing, in Australia, hard cases are around $80 - $100, so the point is it came with a hard case so in the end, the guitar only really cost $143, so I got it cheaper than retail price
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

That was the very first guitar I ever bought

I really liked the look of it and it was easy to play, but the pickups are horrible
Quote by piefaceFX
That was the very first guitar I ever bought

I really liked the look of it and it was easy to play, but the pickups are horrible

Yeah, looks alright to play, I'm going to get new pickups for my squier so I'll see if i can get some for the Ibanez, if I do that, it will be a killing machine in no time
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

for the price its pretty good but its nothing more then a low end starter guitar
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by seizetheday1103
for the price its pretty good but its nothing more then a low end starter guitar

Exactly, I know that, thats why it isn't going to be my main guitar, my dad just saw it and thought why not and got it for me

I'm going to share this with my younger bro anyway
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu