There was another thread on this song, but it's changed a lot since i started that thread, and I need feedback on the song as a whole from everyone if they're happy to =].

Going for a dark, deep, acoustic style, but a new sound at the same time.

Drums written by OneBetter, then slightly adjusted by myself.

Maybe I should add some strings in..?

Crit-4-Crit?
        Attachments:
        Song 2.zip
        Last edited by 1339 at Feb 20, 2008,
        Quote by Jonathan Trejo
        damnit sorry man i dont have guitar pro! can u upload a midi ill be glad to critique it right away! please c4c me also https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=762308

ugh, hate midis lol. yeah alright. gimme a while to crit yours though =].

EDIT: Midi added.
        Last edited by 1339 at Feb 20, 2008,
        I like the fade in note, Drums are good, This doesent seem dark like u mentioned. hehehe the clean guitar is good. Drums are getting better the more i listen. U should put the volume for the clean guitar low and the lead a little bit higher hehe. still good, This is still no were near dark lol. This is a happy song very good thow but not my type of music the solo was very well done with the acoustic guitar. Please make the volumes better good job give it a 8/10
        Click My Library to see what I've written

My Library
        Quote by Jonathan Trejo
        I like the fade in note, Drums are good, This doesent seem dark like u mentioned. hehehe the clean guitar is good. Drums are getting better the more i listen. U should put the volume for the clean guitar low and the lead a little bit higher hehe. still good, This is still no were near dark lol. This is a happy song very good thow but not my type of music the solo was very well done with the acoustic guitar. Please make the volumes better good job give it a 8/10

And that's why midi shouldn't exist ;P. The solo guitar is much louder than the acoustic on GP5, and of course the effect of the solo guitar is what gives it the dark feel. Also, the acoustic solo goes into a lot of tremelo, but that was cut out thanks to midi too...

Cheers for crit anyways =].
        well i have gp5 on my other computer ill give it another crit when my parents wake up cause its a bit early for them since right now its 4:29 am so they havent woke up yet. Ill be sure to check out my rse too lol. but thnx for lettign me know that midi's cant be trusted anymore lol!
        Click My Library to see what I've written

My Library
        Quote by Jonathan Trejo
        well i have gp5 on my other computer ill give it another crit when my parents wake up cause its a bit early for them since right now its 4:29 am so they havent woke up yet. Ill be sure to check out my rse too lol. but thnx for lettign me know that midi's cant be trusted anymore lol!

Lol np, try and get your song done in GP5 too, and i'll give it a good crit. tell me when its in GP =].
        I really liked this, it wasn't dark but it was... I don't know, it wasn't happy either. Anyways, with vocals it could sound very sad and dark. Depending on the way it's sung, which notes are used, etc, and on the lyrics. I would love to hear this when recorded There isn't really anything else to say.
        Quote by Ceresz
        I really liked this, it wasn't dark but it was... I don't know, it wasn't happy either. Anyways, with vocals it could sound very sad and dark. Depending on the way it's sung, which notes are used, etc, and on the lyrics. I would love to hear this when recorded There isn't really anything else to say.

Cheers for the compliment =]. I hope to get it recorded sometime quite soon.. Don't think i'll do it with my band though.
        that is really good!
        i agree with the others, its not dark, but im not so keen on the dark stuff anyway so it was much better than i expected.
        drums are really good
        lead guitar is really nice, especially the fade in intro
        how long did it take you to think this up???!!
        i find i can hear the bass easier and clearer wen you set it to pick bass
        there really isnt anything i can critisice on this!!
        nice job
        u couldnt give me a quick tip on my song because im a bit stuck for ideas:
        https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791509
        Crit:

While it's a pretty solid and good song in itself, it just screams for vocals. By itself, the the sudden stopping of chords, the muting, etc. kind of make for an akward (but no less good) listen. Some of the leads, and I realize you're doing this on purpose, sound a bit a dissonant on some parts; to me the lead doesn't sound dark at all, but kind of 'eeeh?', if you see what I'm getting at. And I'll reiterate what everyone else has said - the song is not really 'dark' per se, but I can see why it might be labeled as such. The chord progression in my mind evokes imagery of spanish moors, of chivalry and so forth.

But yes, with vocals this song would be absolutely great. My rate: a good 8.5/10.

Crit mine?: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792152
        That was pretty awesome dude. Love the lead intro.
        "Glory is fleeting, obscurity is forever"