30 48%
Warwick $$ Corvette
37 60%
Voters: 62.
Which do the people like best?
The Musicman dual humbucker bongo
Or the warwick $$ corvette
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
I'm almost positive this question was asked only yesterday.

EDIT: It was HH Stingray or $$, pretty close though.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Why limit yourself to $$ warwicks? The true Warwick sound comes through single coils. I find they don't suit humbuckers taht well. It's still a great bass, but it just lacks something.

Don't limit yourself to 2 basses. They are both clearly high quality basses. The only way to decide is to try them both out, as well as any others in the oricerange in order to make an informed decision.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by Welsh Guitar
Bongos sound AMAZING.

And are ugly as sin. To me,they feel odd to play as well. Which is why you should play before you buy. In fact, try them out several times before you buy.

To the TS, there are so many options in that area. Grab your budget and head down to the local shop and have some fun playing very nice basses.
^ the 6er Bongo's are coming out soon. I can't wait

I would go for the Corvette, purely because the Bongo's are fugly and the Corvette's are damn sexy.

But as stated before, the Warwick growl only really comes out in singles coils.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Bongo's are awesome looking, playing and sounding. It's nice to see something other than the re-hashed fender designs over and over again. Nothing wrong with fender designs of course but we need some innovation at some point!
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Bongos look like a friggin toilet. The shape was starting to grow on me a little, but then I came to my senses.

Having played a $$, I enjoyed it, but when you are spending 1200+ on a bass, it REALLY comes down to what you want.
I'd personally go fot the Warwick, because I love the feel of them, and they're all around amazing basses.

And as for people saying that the Warwick growl comes from the single coils, it may be true, but the $$ has a switch that makes it single coil.
I've said in a thread like this before - the deciding factor is the feel of those two very, very different basses. They're both aquired tastes and you need to see which one you like the feel of the most.

The pickups dictate a very similar tone, with the major factor being a 2-band vs 2-band EQ.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Well...
I think that the bongo has Amazing sound in all areas but probably cant get that Warwick tone I love.And personally I like the way it looks.
Yet the Warwick looks just as good,or better.I really didnt know what to put in for the warwick since the only one ive ever played was a $$, but really any 'vette under or at the bongo price is what I meant to ask.
What warwick Would Best give that growly tone?

Edit: Its not like Im gonna go buy one based on what you people think, lol.Id much rather try them out myself.And I wont be getting one for a long time.
Just wanted to know what the bassheads of UG thought was best.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Last edited by c3powil at Feb 20, 2008,
Quote by thefitz
The pickups dictate a very similar tone, with the major factor being a 2-band vs 2-band EQ.

Weeeeell... In that case he'd probably have to go for a 2-band really...

TS, try them both. I felt that the Corvette was too "busy" on the body, and the Bongo felt like crap to me. But there you go!
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
The basses are so very different it's hard to even compare them, so any opinion here is basically just what we like, not what we think is better. Both are excellent basses.

That said, I think Bongos look, feel, play and sound amazing. In every way.
I can't stand Warwick corvettes or fortresses. Why?
Here is how you make one.

1: Take a Warwick streamer.
2: Cut off the top horn.
3: Glue on a dildo

BAM. You have a Warwick corvette. Buy the five string version, the low B, when struck, acts as a vibrator.

My vote goes to the Bongo.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Quote by kranoscorp
I can't stand Warwick corvettes or fortresses. Why?
Here is how you make one.

1: Take a Warwick streamer.
2: Cut off the top horn.
3: Glue on a dildo

BAM. You have a Warwick corvette. Buy the five string version, the low B, when struck, acts as a vibrator.

Don't joke. Streamers have a contoured body.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
Don't joke. Streamers have a contoured body.

That is not a joke, I would never buy an instrument that I could sexually satisfy a woman with, that job is mine and mine alone.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Go $$. It is extremely versatile, with the pickup changing feature and Active/passive. Great bass, I have one in Natural finish.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
theyre both ugly as the half eaten, moldy, green pork rind under my couch.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
How the f*ck are you gonna get a cat to bark?

---------------------------5------8-----7-
----------------5-------------------------
------------------1-3-3-------/6----/5----
-1/3--1-1h3-------------------------------

Matt Freeman>You
I pick double buck, I played one at GC and it was pretty nice. Tones of switches and **** to get whatever tone you want.
You MUST try them both out, I was going to get a Bongo, but the neck wasn't my thing.
I ended up with a Fender Jazz.
But out of the two choices, I'd go for a Bongo, looks good, sounds better.
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
Call me sacrelidge for saying this, but I saw a Bongo Stealth today and it looks in-****ing-credible. I'd seriously consider owning it.

That's right. I'd consider owning a humbucker bass with a basswood body. I just said that.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Did you play it Fitz? What did you think?
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Quote by thefitz
Call me sacrelidge for saying this, but I saw a Bongo Stealth today and it looks in-****ing-credible. I'd seriously consider owning it.

That's right. I'd consider owning a humbucker bass with a basswood body. I just said that.

*anarkee looks over the horizon expecting the four riders of the apocalypse to emerge, thereby signifying the end of the world as we know it...*
Quote by anarkee
*anarkee looks over the horizon expecting the four riders of the apocalypse to emerge, thereby signifying the end of the world as we know it...*

Don't be silly. Fitz isn't close minded at all. He doesn't base judgement on the specs.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by anarkee

And I feel fine!

And I'd totally take the Bongo. It's the bass version of the chameleon.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.