Page 1 of 2
Im hopeless at it, unless its something that i REALLY want to do.

Example: i go out on the piss - started drinking at 3pm and got home at 4:30am..i then woke up at 6:am the same morning to go surfing, something i really enjoy

Example 2: i got to bed at 1:am and have to be up at 7:30 to get ready for lectures ( takes 2 hours , 1 to shower eat etc, the other to get to my uni)

I epically fail at getting up for anything that something really fun - although being up on uni campus with mates etc is actually fun..HELP..ive missed one entire lecturers part of one of my units from oversleeping! not been to a single of his lectures!

So does anyone have any suggestions?...ive got 2 alarm clocks and will probably get an upgrade, so i have like, 17.
i just get late classes. this quarter none of my classes start before noon. that way i can be lazy and a good student at the same time
I have no opinion on this matter.
You place the alarm clock away from your bed...like on the other side of the room. And set it to static or a constant beeping noise or something that really annoys you.
Then open the curtains [assuming it's nice and sunny out] or turn on the lights in your room.
Then splash cold water on your face
♥xx♥

Make your bedtime 11 o'clock with a 1/2 hour leniency. You should be able to wake up at 7 no problem. It always works. If you don't like it, shut up and don't complain about missing lecture.

I can't hear the alarm if I put it too far away, so I put it just far away enough so I have to stretch out to reach my phone.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Make your bedtime 11 o'clock with a 1/2 hour leniency. You should be able to wake up at 7 no problem. It always works. If you don't like it, shut up and don't complain about missing lecture.
he might live in a place where theres actually something to do after 11. we're the lucky ones.
Quote by Zugunruhe
he might live in a place where theres actually something to do after 11. we're the lucky ones.

LULZ. There's stuff to do after 11 here on weekdays. In my house, it mainly consists of watching Family Guy for an hour.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
[quote=""[It's Alex"]"]You place the alarm clock away from your bed...like on the other side of the room. And set it to static or a constant beeping noise or something that really annoys you.
Then open the curtains [assuming it's nice and sunny out] or turn on the lights in your room.
Then splash cold water on your face

Yes I'm sure that's going to make him think it's worth getting up
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by *Juno*
Im hopeless at it, unless its something that i REALLY want to do.

Example: i go out on the piss - started drinking at 3pm and got home at 4:30am..i then woke up at 6:am the same morning to go surfing, something i really enjoy

Example 2: i got to bed at 1:am and have to be up at 7:30 to get ready for lectures ( takes 2 hours , 1 to shower eat etc, the other to get to my uni)

I epically fail at getting up for anything that something really fun - although being up on uni campus with mates etc is actually fun..HELP..ive missed one entire lecturers part of one of my units from oversleeping! not been to a single of his lectures!

So does anyone have any suggestions?...ive got 2 alarm clocks and will probably get an upgrade, so i have like, 17.
Save your alarm clock money and use it for stickynotes and booze.

1 - Write a note to yourself: Uni Today.

2 - Stick it to the inside of the door to your apartment.

3 - Lie, lie, lie to yourself. As you go to sleep, tell yourself you're surfing in the morning.

4 - ?????????

5 - PROFIT!!!
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by darkstar2466
LULZ. There's stuff to do after 11 here on weekdays. In my house, it mainly consists of watching Family Guy for an hour.
lol. family guy? thats wild. the cops might have to come shut you guys down!

better than me. after 11 its "quiet hours" in the dorms.
Quote by Zugunruhe
lol. family guy? thats wild. the cops might have to come shut you guys down!

better than me. after 11 its "quiet hours" in the dorms.

Ha! I am my own R.A. I can scream as loudly as I want and play loud music for the world to hear.

But Juno, the best alarm possible is hooking up your iPod to your speakers (assuming you have powerful speakers) and letting it blast, making use of the iPod's alarm feature. It makes you jump out of bed. Really.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
For me, it doesn't matter what I do. I hide my phone so I have to find it when the alarm goes off, use Maiden songs as my alarm, anything.

I get up in a zombie like state my brain has developed EXCLUSIVELY for dealing with the threat of alarm clocks; then go back to sleep. And I barely remember even waking up!
Forget the alarm clock, drink 2 large glasses of water before you go to bed (like at least a litres worth) you'll wake up early in the morning no problems. And no... not because you've pissed yourself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Save your alarm clock money and use it for stickynotes and booze.

1 - Write a note to yourself: Uni Today.

2 - Stick it to the inside of the door to your apartment.

3 - Lie, lie, lie to yourself. As you go to sleep, tell yourself you're surfing in the morning.

4 - ?????????

5 - PROFIT!!!

strange kid...
Me, I just go, alright I'm getting up in 3 2 1 up and I get out of bed

With an alarm clock when I want to go back to sleep

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Quote by Vermintide
For me, it doesn't matter what I do. I hide my phone so I have to find it when the alarm goes off, use Maiden songs as my alarm, anything.

I get up in a zombie like state my brain has developed EXCLUSIVELY for dealing with the threat of alarm clocks; then go back to sleep. And I barely remember even waking up!

Same.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Just put the alarm far from your bed so you HAVE to get up to turn it off. And put another one for 10 minutes later just in case you decide to sleep a bit more.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I myself put my alarm clock (mobile phone) wake me up like 6 times and put it in steel bucket on the other side of my room and than i have to wake up turning it off
鋼の錬金術師
I wake up and radio 3 is playing on my clock/radio alarm thing. Me no likely .
It's gonna be a blue day
Use the stereo as a Alarm Clock. Insert any fairly loud Metal/Rock CD.

/thread

Seriously, nothing wakes you up like that.
have a pipeload for you right when you wake up...so you'll wake up and wake-n-bake.... always gets me up
Marijuana is not a drug! its simply a plant
[quote=""[It's Alex"]"]You place the alarm clock away from your bed..

that's what i do, it help a lot.
When you turn your alarm off, lay in your bed and loudly start counting down from 20. Get out of bed on 1. Not after 1, ON 1. If you still don't feel like waking up then I congratulate you - you have no willpower of what so ever.
Quote by Lendorav
When you turn your alarm off, lay in your bed and loudly start counting down from 20. Get out of bed on 1. Not after 1, ON 1. If you still don't feel like waking up then I congratulate you - you have no willpower of what so ever.

I am willpowerless =[
Marijuana is not a drug! its simply a plant
Most of the above doesnt work

I cant lie to myself about going surfing, thats just not fair

Also, there is plenty of stuff to do past 11:00 so screw that...and i normally hide my phone somewhere but that hardly ever works, as in the morning my brain capacity is devoted soley to turning my alarm off and sleeping again

I even turn off the alarms that i know are going to go off in another 10 mins time
Quote by darkstar2466
Ha! I am my own R.A. I can scream as loudly as I want and play loud music for the world to hear.

But Juno, the best alarm possible is hooking up your iPod to your speakers (assuming you have powerful speakers) and letting it blast, making use of the iPod's alarm feature. It makes you jump out of bed. Really.

+1 I did that to Billy Talent's "Line and Sinker".

Long-story short, I almost crapped myself.
I have three alarms, also it's all about habit. But I'm hardly one to speak, I slept in and missed my only lecture today. On purpose. And it only takes me 5 mins to walk to uni.
...Bleep Bloop...
Sounds like you need some kind of a revolution in your life.

Maybe you and your housemates could share the responsibilities of waking one another? Except for one, who is in control of all the sharing. I dunno. Just throwing that out there.
Connect one of your alarm clocks to a fully automatic bb gun so that when the clock goes off, the gun starts shooting you.

Eventually, you'll get it in your head to wake up BEFORE it starts shooting you.
Page 1 of 2