jazz bass
32 38%
aerodyne jazz bass
13 15%
fender JAGUAR!
18 21%
fender urge 2
20 24%
something else... (musicman, anything better) specify!
22 26%
Voters: 85.
hehee...
im glowing inside i juts got my mock GCSE results back and im on par to get my prize of 1,000 squid! for bassicuar things.

so yea im gonna buy a fender..

but the question is.. which one?

fender standard jazz (has to be olympic white)
fender aerodyne jazz
fender jaguar bass
fender urge 2

yea, i like the sound of the jazz but it looks just too ordinary... i want something with jazz tones and punch and slap-ability but it has to stand out and make people think about it.

hmm opinions please?
You're getting a grand for getting good mock GCSE results!?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Play them.

Also, have a good amp first.

Edit: Yeah, a grand for MOCKS? What the hell? Especially as you can do GCSEs with your eyes closed, your parents are being stupidly generous.
All Fenders look similar but the Jazz is a nice bass which is very good for slapping and popping.
umm yea a get a grand if i do better than my dad in the ACTUAL gcses.. common sense much?

thing is not many places have the aerodyne, urge or jag...

and i already have an amazing ashdown
They're all quite different basses, and are in quite different price ranges too. Out of that lot, the Urge II is the clear winner for me.

What Ashdown do you have?
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
go for standard jazz... or percision
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
i gots me the electricblue 180!
'tis sweet as.
thing is most bassist have a jazz or precision of some sort.. they all sound great, i want that sound but in aomething a little different...

but not to different im not a freak or anything.
Quote by mini_mosher
umm yea a get a grand if i do better than my dad in the ACTUAL gcses.. common sense much?

That's not common sense. That's completely ridiculous.

Seriously, your parents are idiots.

My sister got six A*s, 5 As and a C in her GCSEs, and we all thought she was very lucky to get £100 from our grandparents.
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Quote by duncang
That's not common sense. That's completely ridiculous.

Seriously, your parents are idiots.

My sister got six A*s, 5 As and a C in her GCSEs, and we all thought she was very lucky to get £100 from our grandparents.

If he gets a grand for GCSEs (which are a bigger piece of piss than the urine trough at Chester zoo), what does he get for AS? A2? Degree? Job?

The mind boggles.
Well Im pretty sure applehead has an Urge II, so you can ask him about it.

Me personally, I would buy a Spector.
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
Quote by webbtje
If he gets a grand for GCSEs (which are a bigger piece of piss than the urine trough at Chester zoo), what does he get for AS? A2? Degree? Job?

The mind boggles.

If he gets that degree he's not gonna need a damn job
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Quote by duncang
If he gets that degree he's not gonna need a damn job

More boggling.

I think I need a lie-down.

TS, do your parents wanna adopt me? I Got 6 A*s, 2As, 2Bs at GCSE and 4As at AS so far...

Please?
hahaha well seeing as i was failing nearly all of my subjects.
its a boost to my morale and to my confidence...
so now im passing all but 3 of them at the moment anyway from my mock grades...
hoorah... (yes my parents are a bt silly but i get a free bass so dont tell them..)
^euros mate...

but even though its not necessarilly the best id go for the jaguar...
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by webbtje
More boggling.

I think I need a lie-down.

TS, do your parents wanna adopt me? I Got 6 A*s, 2As, 2Bs at GCSE and 4As at AS so far...

Please?

Pfffft, they should adopt me, I'm already in university

TS, I really wouldn't invest a grand in a bass unless you know it's the bass for you.
1975 re-issue jazz bass.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
I'd spend around £ 550 on a new bass and then keep the rest for going out or meals throughout college. you could end up blowing a grand on something that you might regret buying in a few years.

P.s. I got about £60 for my actual GCSEs and nothing for my mocks or AS levels, would this justify me turning to a life of fiendish crime to even things out?
Quote by kaptink
I'd spend around £ 550 on a new bass and then keep the rest for going out or meals throughout college. you could end up blowing a grand on something that you might regret buying in a few years.

P.s. I got about £60 for my actual GCSEs and nothing for my mocks or AS levels, would this justify me turning to a life of fiendish crime to even things out?

yes, yes it would and you can start by stealing this kids new bass.

anyway kid get the Urge II its clearly the best bass out of the lot, the only reason not to get it is if you don't actually like it
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
If it were me, the choice is obvious. Urge II. I've played this bass and it fits my bill for pups, neck and 24 frets. (one day I'll own one, I vow!). And if you talk to Applehead, you will get a glowing report on this bass. He loves his.

But I agree with Ben, before you invest that kind of cash, I'd be trying a whole range of basses in that price range. There are some rather nice options to be found.
wait so you're still failing 3 of them?

and you still get the money if you get similar grades on the actual ones?
musicman stingray
Vala: 1987 Stratocaster Plus
Dargie: MM Stingray 5 HS Dargie Delight 1 of 15
Buttercream (for now): Stingray 4 HH ltd. 2005 Buttercream
Rose: Bongo 5 HH Fretless Candy Apple Red

Dargie Delight Aholic of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
I'd really love to give you some advice, but with the sheer difference in quality of the basses, and the fact that you have allowed people to be able to PICK ALL OF THEM, I don't think you put much thought into this thread. I don't think anybody's going to recommend a CIJ Aerodyne over an MIA Urge II.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by mini_mosher

Two out of three big music shops here in Brum stock Jaguars

If you want the sort of Jazz bass tone that looks different I'd say try a Jag, but they do have problems

the switches can easily be knocked off/on and the two Ive played hummed like crazy, becuase there's no shielding at all on the circutary

personally I'd get a jazz
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
TELECASTER DELUXE???? I dont see it!
Quote by SeveralSpecies
How the f*ck are you gonna get a cat to bark?

---------------------------5------8-----7-
----------------5-------------------------
------------------1-3-3-------/6----/5----
-1/3--1-1h3-------------------------------

Matt Freeman>You
Quote by mini_mosher
my prize of 1,000 squid!

first step is you need to sell you 1000 octopus's, then you need to consider buying a bass. unless you can trade in 1000 squid these days.

sorry but i don't have any real contribution to the thread
if you buy a jazz bass dont buy the standard, it does not worth it(the VM squier is best IMO)
go for Highway 1 or american or but not the standard
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
A thousand pounds? You're funking spoiled kid.

Sounds to me like you don't have much of a clue. The Urge II is over double the price of the Aerodyne Jazz so naturally it's a better specced instrument. It depends what amp you have really though.
Quote by TheBassMan3
TELECASTER DELUXE???? I dont see it!
If you were trying to be funny you failed.
Quote by LetTheBassPlay
Well Im pretty sure applehead has an Urge II, so you can ask him about it.
Applehead is banned.
Quote by latinosuperstud
^euros mate...
Nope, but at least you tried
Quote by dsubstanceuk
Aerodyne. Duff McKagan uses it.

If you haven't tried something, don't recommend it. I bet you don't even play bass.
Last edited by smb at Feb 21, 2008,
Quote by smb
If you haven't tried something, don't recommend it. I bet you don't even play bass.

A thousand pounds though? You're funking spoiled kid.

Sounds to me like you don't have much of a clue. The Urge II is over double the price of the Aerodyne Jazz so naturally it's a better specced instrument. It depends what amp you have really though.

aha

"Sort your Funking life out"

man,those Sean of the Dead extras are priceless....

smb's right (as usual), a good amp is better than a good bass

and just go try as many basses in your price range as you can, who says you have to get a Fender??
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Quote by dsubstanceuk
Aerodyne. Duff McKagan uses it.

duff mckagen has a signature p bass
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by smb
A thousand pounds? You're funking spoiled kid.

Sounds to me like you don't have much of a clue. The Urge II is over double the price of the Aerodyne Jazz so naturally it's a better specced instrument. It depends what amp you have really though.If you were trying to be funny you failed.Applehead is banned.Nope, but at least you tried

no **** i wasnt funny i wasnt trying to
Quote by SeveralSpecies
How the f*ck are you gonna get a cat to bark?

---------------------------5------8-----7-
----------------5-------------------------
------------------1-3-3-------/6----/5----
-1/3--1-1h3-------------------------------

Matt Freeman>You
Sounds like his parents are rich? If they want to shell out 1000 dollars to their kid, I'm sure they know what they're doing. Everyone who says it's ridiculous, that might be true, doesn't mean I still don't want the 1,000 USDs.

Personally, the fender standard is the cheapest out of the best of those. I'd take the jag for the model of it, but I've never played one before. The jaguar looks awesome IMO.
Quote by yawn
Don't type in all caps.

Otherwise You Look Like A Complete Moron.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
1) Bold print. Reason? Y/N?
The URGE II blows all of these basses out of the water, IMO. That is unless you are going for that classic tone, in the form of a vintage bass, but otherwise, stick with the URGE II.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
You can just dial out the split coil on the URGE II and get a jazz tone if you want. IDK why nyou would want to do that, but its an option.
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/Fuzzycows5157/canada.bmp[/IMG]
Personally I'd go for one of the 70s reissues, then try and squeeze a couple more grand out of my parents and get me an Orange amp.

Alas, this is reality and my own flesh and blood is nowhere near that retarded.