Hi,

Im looking to buy a new amp as my solid state is truly appaling - I need a practice amp so im not looking any any full stacks...

I play mainly metal (Lamb of God, In Flames etc) and also instrumental rock (Neil Zaza, Satriani etc.)

Would the tiny terror suit these styles? Mind you, i have a Boss Metal Zone pedal and a Boss OD-1 pedal for the gain boost if needed - how with the amp suit this?

Also, could anyone recommend any other options? Budget for is around $900USD... Also, i only really have access to Marshall, Orange and Mesa/Boogie amps,

Thanks
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
Bodenhamer modded Maxon OD808
Marshall DSL 401 Combo
Mesa/Boogie F-50 w/ Marshall TSL 2x12 cab
Quote by dsubstanceuk

lol.

All the vids of the TT I've watched has made me want one..

I think it can do your metal from this vid ;o

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LjECjGtW2m4

Edit; I think he uses a TS in that vid I'm too lazy to check again.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
I've never played it so, but he said he only had access to Boogie, Marshall and Orange for one. And when his budget is $900 he could get one of the better amps made. (if buying used :O)
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Ah ok looks like the TT it is then! I've always wanted one anyway
Gear:

Marshall DSL 401 Combo
The Tiny Terror's really not a metal amp. It wouldn't be my first choice if that was my focus.

Also, why is your budget in US dollars while your location says London? Where you are and your budget in that currency will be more helpful (i.e.: a Traynor fits your budget in US dollars, but probably not in Europe).
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Haha i study in London as in England but live in Hong Kong so i thought USD would be easier for people to interpret (i can stretch my budget if it costs more for a certain amp in hong kong)

The budget isnt really that important...basically i can't go over 650 pounds-ish

Howabout the Engl combos or the 6505 combo? I can get the 6505 in a shop in hong kong but i'd have to import the engl... anyone know what the prices for those are like?
Gear:

Marshall DSL 401 Combo
Not exactly sure about the ENGL's, but I think they're a bit too expensive. The 6505's go for roughly $600-$700 used, and are around $1,200 new. Around here, anyway.