Nothing came up in the search bar...

iLiKETRAiNS are one of my favourite bands at the moment so I thought it was thread time. They're vaguely post-rocky in that they use lots of delay and reverb to create huge, atmospheric guitar sounds and most songs have a loud bit at the end, but they actually write proper songs with choruses and everything. All their songs are about historical events, some well known and some obscure, pretty much all involving death in some way. So, not something to relax to on a summer's day but pretty awesome nonetheless. And yes, they do like trains.

Myspace (Amazingly, they've put one of their few bad songs - Death Of An Idealist - as the auto-play one. Ignore it and listen to Victress, 25 Sins and Rook House)

YouTube channel (the Spencer Perceval live video is immense and you should all watch it)
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Actually cool band. I really need to get their stuff, as I have been meaning too for awhile, but have never got around to it.

I am not a fan of their name though. I must admit.
BUMP.

You can get their new EP off iTunes and preorder CD+DVD from their website now. It's all instrumental and sounds similar to Explosions In The Sky. It's also bloody wonderful for all 22 minutes it lasts!
I'm hanging on for the physical release, mainly cos iTunes doesn't work on my APPLE laptop! Bastard!
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
hell yeah, this'll be good. ilketrains are one of those bands that i really like, but know no-one in the real world who does, and any attempt to introduce people to them results in a dicussion about the name...ah well, fools. i hope the new ep contains some stuff like stainless stell. one of the best songs ever in my opinion.
It Could Be Sweet, Like A Long Forgotten Dream

Quote by MattDaviesFFAF
...let me (genuinely) congratulate you on posting the most interesting thread I've seen in an age.

Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The Monty Python Appreciation Society
Quote by ragingtom
yeah iliketrains are awsome, been listening to them alot recently, seeing them in a month cant wait!

Where abouts? I'm seeing at the Brudenell in Leeds...
Woo, me too! Can't wait, they were brilliant last time I saw them there, best I've ever seen them play.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣