nope, not me
92 57%
no, but I should be
42 26%
this is stupid! LOL!?!? WUT
12 7%
Voters: 162.
Page 1 of 2
So how many people here are seeing a phycologist/ psychiatrist / counsellor / therapist
for any reason?

It seems that many musicians suffer from various metal disorders or conditions....
Nope.

Oh, time to take my medication!
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
all that crap is just stupid

i don't want to waste my time arguing about it but I know enough to know that it's a bunch of crap and not worth it.
Very few people who actually NEED therapy will say "no, but I should be."

Majority of people who need it deny there's anything wrong.
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
Quote by MyDesertRose

i don't want to waste my time arguing about it but I know enough to know that it's a bunch of crap and not worth it.

Have you been?
Quote by petrina_678
So how many people here are seeing a phycologist/ psychiatrist / counsellor / therapist
for any reason?

It seems that many musicians suffer from various metal disorders or conditions....

METAL DISORDERS
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
yeah.
it sucks.
the guy says the same thing over and over again.
"you need to be happier with yourself"
faggot
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
would I like to? yeah
am I? no.

I don't think I need therapy, I think in the past I would have used it to my advantage, but right now, I'm fine with everything going on in my life.
Quote by dm1925
yeah.
it sucks.
the guy says the same thing over and over again.
"you need to be happier with yourself"
faggot

That was a rather negative post, I think I should prescribe you these drugs to make you
type in a more happy style.

Jk but you get what I'm trying to say.
Yes. I apparantly have narcasistic rage and a mild case of OCD...

But therapy helps me alot...
I used to go, until I walked out and never went back to that hell-wretched spawn ever again.

They think they know everything about a person just from reading textbooks. They see you as a patient, not a person.

It really irritated me. They don't help at all. I can guarantee they always mention your childhood too.
I have Asperger's Syndrome and have never been treated for it, good thing too
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
I have very mild OCD, so yeah i don't need therapy.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
no...never even considered it wtf man
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Most people who go to therapy don't even need it.

They need friends not psychologists.

^see that's a thing I would like to explore further, do people really just want someone to talk to? or do they really need the help of a psycologist? I think it's the first of the two to tell you the truth, but I know people who do go to therapy that aren't in it for that reason also. Now I'm conflited
I'm in therapy, I'm in the process of transferring from NHS psychologists and psychiatrists to a local psychotherapy service, and I've got to go down to another place and make some counselling appointments.

It's for depression and paranoia, they tell me the good news is that I'm not psychotic, but the bad news is that I'm neurotic, and I am in danger of developing psychosis if I'm not treated.
Quote by Nightmare_xxx
to be honest, I thought they were awful. I mean some of the songs our drummer's written was better than their stuff.
Quote by wizards?
^see that's a thing I would like to explore further, do people really just want someone to talk to? or do they really need the help of a psycologist? I think it's the first of the two to tell you the truth, but I know people who do go to therapy that aren't in it for that reason also. Now I'm conflited

Some people have genuine medical psychologic problems, but in America, and I'm sad to say it's spreading to here too, people go and see a psycologist because they feel a bit sad, or anxious or because they're worried about things. These are normal human things that people should be able to deal with without essentially paying someone else to do it for them.

If you've got clinical depression, or schizophrenia or any other disorder with an actual medical cause then by all means see someone.
Gay counseling, by order of my protestant parents......
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I was a few weeks ago.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
One time I had to see a phsychologist about my anger management because I took someone's shoes.

Does that count?

Quote by MyDesertRose

No offense, but you have no idea what you're talking about.
No, but I ****ing need some at the moment.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Quote by petrina_678

I certainly have a metal disorder, but I usually just listen to some Wintersun and the cravings pass.

Seriously though, no therapy or medication for me ever. Though I know I have A.D.D.
does it count if im taking 'therapy' to recover from majorly broken bones?
Definitely think I should be. TBH I used to, but realised it was worthless, so gave up and forced myself to look after myself utterly and only. Has it worked? Judging from the evidence, probably not, but that can ya do? Would rant, but cba'd.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
I really need therapy, but I refuse to go, i am rather ****ed up, or maybe im just scared of seeing who i really am
A message to all readers: I’m a cynical, satirical, sadistic, heartless, sardonic, mocking, demotivating, derisive, scathing, contemptuous, disdainful, scornful and condescending guy. And I love it.

Quote by Amalgam
I like this guy's thinking.
Page 1 of 2