Hi guys.

I just recently bought a used RG550 which is about ten years old. I've noticed that from fret 5-12, the frets are pretty worn down (flat tops on them). There is quite much fret buzz coming from my G string when playing on these particular frets. Is this caused by fret wear?

What should I do? Adjust the truss rod, refret or resurface the frets? Will resurfacing the frets make them all very small?
lol whyd you buy a worn down guitar! i guess resurfacing is ok, but don't over do it.

lol.. Gstring :P
Just get the frets dressed, they shouldn't need replacing - a professional fret dress won't make any noticeable difference to the height.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

Burntomato, you don't want to know how cheap I got it.

Steven seagull: Does it usually cost a lot to do it?
A luthier/friend of mine did a fret level, crown and polish on my old 20051 for $30.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"