pricewise, on the schecter you get very similar hardware/wood, for about $500 less.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Really?
Then it's your choice, play both and see which you like better.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I can't tried them becouse we don't have helraisers in poland :/ We have only few crapy schecters in music stores.(I can order it for the same price as washburn but I can't tried it earlier)

So I'm asking ,the guitars are very similar ,but mabe quality is different

And which neck is thinner?

THANKS and sory for my English
Last edited by Musza at Feb 21, 2008,
I've used the hellraiser, and it's got a pretty thin neck, but truthfully I couldn't compare the two, as I haven't played both yet.
EDIT: schecters have pretty amazing quality for their prices.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
i've never NOT been impressed with a schecter hellraiser's quality (ie. i like them) , never tried a washburn though, PM tubadude, he's pretty much the guru on wasburn guitars, but he will tell you they're better than schecter's anyway, just ask him though, he gives good advice
I have a hellraiser. It does not have a thin neck, but its really comfortable. Overall i would rather the hellraiser because i like its specs more and the looks are better. Your call though, you might like the X50 much more.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
I wouldn't really recommend the Washburn as it has the Buzz Feiten tuning system, which is a pretty good tuning system, but can be a pain in the ass to work with. You can only really use one tuner with it, and it doesn't work with all string gauges or tunings properly.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by SGStrummer61
I wouldn't really recommend the Washburn as it has the Buzz Feiten tuning system, which is a pretty good tuning system, but can be a pain in the ass to work with. You can only really use one tuner with it, and it doesn't work with all string gauges or tunings properly.

You can still tune the guitar exactly like any other guitar.

I have the Washburn X50 PROFE. I prefer it over the Schecter personally.
The stock Schecter bridge is better quality wise than the Washburn, but I enjoy the feel of the Washburn so much more. I swapped all the hardware anyway, besides the pickups.
Quote by SGStrummer61

Wrong, on every count.

the "only" tuner you're talking about is designed for the BFTS, but i can use any tuner. it works with .008 all the way to .012. thats on one guitar, never had a need to set it up between guages. and i can go from E to Ab no problem (with proper strings, of course)

do your research before talking.

as for the necks, the Washburn has a smaller neck than the Schecter, since no on else could answer the question.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
A lot of people are turned off to the idea of a thicker neck, but really I'd say a lot of people prefer a hellraiser type neck yet assume they like thinner necks because of the common steriotype that you are faster and better on a thin neck

Not true
I thought I loved thin necks until I tried the hellraiser; the neck is perfect
Its like the difference between a handmade masterpiece of tone vs a glued together piece of plastic