Hi All,

New here (although I have lurked without posting for some time) so hope you don't mind my first post being a techie question

Have heard good things about Weber Beam Blockers and I am hoping they can solve my speaker cab woes.

My Mesa 4x12 cab is very beamy, it's pretty harsh when directly infront of it but moving a foot or two either way takes you out of the beam and the tops dissappear quite a lot.

The Beam Blockers look like they will sort this so am keen to give them a try but I can't find anywhere in the UK that sells them.

Anyone seen these for sale anywhere in the UK or, even better got them themselves and have an opinion on them and can tell me where they got em ?

Thanks in advance for your help
Just use duct tape. hehe.

No, beam blockers work great. I tried out an amp with one at a local store. It's a great improvement. But as ibanez4life said, i'd keep one speaker open without a BB or be ready to remove one if you're recording or micing it up.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Thanks Both for your comments.

It's good to know that these little gizmos should sort my issue.

After speaking to the Weber guys direct it turns out there is no UK dealer so I have ordered from them direct.

My beam blockers should be here in a few days so looking forward to getting them fitted
I put a small, round 2" magnet on my old Valvetronix combo's grill, and it solved my ice-pick problem nicely. There are lots of cheap, easy ways to fix this problem.
a well positioned piece of gaffer tape can solve this, but getting the position right can take a bit of trial and error
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
But, it was a good idea to go for the Beam blockers.
They probably work better than all the household material solutions out there.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator