I was just wondering how the V32 compares to the V16. I have the V16 and love it. I'm just curious if the V32 offers more versatility, if it sounds the same, or possibly better?
Does anyone know the song that goes: ba ba bah, ba ba buh, bu ba bum, ba ba bah, ba bu buh, bu bu bum, bu ba bu bu bum baam?
It's very similar. Not much more versatility outside of the extra clean headroom. If I were looking to step up from the V16, I'd move in a different direction. Can't tell you what that direction would be without knowing what you like to play, though.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
It's very similar. Not much more versatility outside of the extra clean headroom. If I were looking to step up from the V16, I'd move in a different direction. Can't tell you what that direction would be without knowing what you like to play, though.

Well, the V32 also has channel swtiching, but I'd aggree that there are better step-up amps.
Well, it seems as though I'll probably be gigging soon. I'm sure my V16 will be fine mic'd for now, but I'm looking for a little more versatility. I love the clean and distorted tones that it offers, but I also need a little more gain. I was also looking at Engl. Does Engl offer an amp that has similar tones to the Palomino with more versatility?

As far as what I play, almost everything in the general "rock" spectrum. Blues to death metal.
Does anyone know the song that goes: ba ba bah, ba ba buh, bu ba bum, ba ba bah, ba bu buh, bu bu bum, bu ba bu bu bum baam?
The Engl probably blows away the Palomino, especially for the heavier stuff. A Traynor YCV 40 would be very good, too (depending on your location). On the cheap, you may even prefer the Valveking. It's a lot different than the Palomino, with higher/more modern gain.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
A Valveking, JSX, lucky used JCM 800 combo find, or possibbly a Peavey Windsor (if you don't need cleans) would be solid choices.
Thanks for the input, guys.