Last week a band i love sold out their entire UK tour before i had chance to get in there and get a ticket for my friends and i. It's a situation we've all been in at some point or other, im sure, no matter what music we like. After trying the venue near me, and then ticket sites across the internet i had no luck. So the other day i thought id see if anything had popped up on ebay.
At first it appeared i was in luck with a few tickets on sale, then i saw the prices. At least 3 sets of two tickets going for a buy it now price of almost £150. Bearing in mind the tickets went on sale for £12.50.

Now ive set the scene, what are people's thoughts on ticket touts? And how could we stop them?

Id like a nice mature discussion....but i know this is the pit. so i will set my sights low so im not disappointed

apologies if this has been done before, i checked it out, and nothing came up like this.

cheers
i haven't yet...I'm going to my first big concert soon (Megadeth on the 10th of May) and my bro and I just recently ordered the tickets...kinda sucks that you didn't get any...maybe you'll get some tickets for less than 150 pounds on ebay :P good luck
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Don't get it off a tout! I got Muse tickets off a tout. Thye came the day of the gig. Only becuase my dad rang them up everyday a week before the gig. We took them to court =]

and that's why tickettout.com no longer exists x]
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
i heard that if a ticket sells for more than the retail price it becomes void
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
well they dont really know how much you paid for it if you didnt get it from a proper place
Well without the touts you would have no chance of getting a ticket in the first place.... I mean there will always be people needing them and always be people selling them. Its called supply and demand. If supply is low and demand is high (like in your situation) then they can charge just about anything they want to... Its really just life man.. whether you like it or not... o yeah and how much american would that be?
Quote by Union Jake

So anyway, now i'm here feeling rather dirty knowing that I just sat in a room with 3 other guys having a wank. I had to get it off my chest
Quote by fenderfreak101
Youre mom should have used the coat hanger to abort you as a fetus.

Douche bag.
well im not so much annoyed at the fact i cant get one. just that some bloke..or lady somewhere is profiting from an artist.

im not sure exact sterling to dollars right now, but itll probably be roughly twice as much. so about $25, and $300. just and educated guess though
Quote by kidwizz88
Last week a band i love sold out their entire UK tour before i had chance to get in there and get a ticket for my friends and i. It's a situation we've all been in at some point or other, im sure, no matter what music we like. After trying the venue near me, and then ticket sites across the internet i had no luck. So the other day i thought id see if anything had popped up on ebay.
At first it appeared i was in luck with a few tickets on sale, then i saw the prices. At least 3 sets of two tickets going for a buy it now price of almost £150. Bearing in mind the tickets went on sale for £12.50.

Now ive set the scene, what are people's thoughts on ticket touts? And how could we stop them?

Id like a nice mature discussion....but i know this is the pit. so i will set my sights low so im not disappointed

apologies if this has been done before, i checked it out, and nothing came up like this.

cheers

What band is this? I have the same thing with a band on saturday that I forgot to buy tickets for, then found out they were sold out (I usually buy a 2-3 months in advance, not the week before, lol.) Some guy was offering 2 tickets for £95 when they were £12.50 each to begin with (he had them listed as being worth £20 each originally, which is total bull)

Anyway, ticket touts are dodgy, but their tickets are usually real, just that they charge you a ridiculous amount (someone I knew paid £40 for a £20 ticket via a tout) and they get the tickets from buying spares off people in the hours running up to the gig (at a cheap price unsuprisingly...) It's normally like they'll give you half of what you paid for it, and charge double or 1.5 times for it.

Basically, if there are any going around, be prepared to pay through the nose, and be prepared to be dissapointed if the ticket is fake (they don't bother faking cheaper shows, only the £100+ pop music shows, I think most touts only know who is playing by looking at the billboard on the day, lol...)

Oh I'm talking about touts outside the venue, those are the only (scantily) trustworthy ones. They're all tramps tbh, and they convert into dodgy band t-shirt salesmen once the gig is over.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
its for the city and colour tour. this wasnt meant to be a rant about how i didnt get a ticket though, it was just meant to get some comments of touts and people buying tickets for bands they have no intention of seeing
Ticket touts are only good if they help you in a good way.

At the Vai gig there were loads buying spare tickets for the original price (£25) then selling 'em on for £50.
I'm assuming at the Megadeth gig I'm going to on friday (awh hell yeah) they'll be similar things, it's the same place too so almost definately

But I suppose they do a service for you if you wanted to go and forgot to buy tickets.
Or if for kicks you decide to just go see a band on the night