My Problem: So I wanted the new Prestige S-series, but I'm having budget problems...and they're not on the market yet(except for a lot $$) So I'm thinking to get a mid-grade guitar instead.

Say $500-$900USD 24 fret with tremolo that's not RG OR Schecter. Any opinions? Thx.

That is until I get my PRS C24...someday
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Washburn X40 pro (I believe it may have 24 frets?)
There's always the RR24 but .. one pickup :-/

Various ESP guitars, the Anchang signature guitar would be awesome (but. .you know it's only available in japan).
My BC Rich Bronze Warlock has 24 frets
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
Quote by SupremeACL
This.

You're a mod now?

A mod? Not likely, you'll never catch me on a scooter!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
A mod? Not likely, you'll never catch me on a scooter!

Lawl.

But yeah Jacksons and ESP are a good bet.
Naw..can't go BC Rich - it just screams "METAL!!" Which I'm usually all for but not this time. Right Right...didn't think of ESP/ltd...but I think Jacksons are too much like the RG's
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
My Imagination
So do you not want super strat? The KE3 has 24 frets.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
So do you not want super strat? The KE3 has 24 frets.

Superstrats are fine. I guess since obviously 24fret guitars are gonna be geared towards metal, I was hoping to get some other options that aren't completely metaled-out sort a speak. That's why I wanted a 2008 Ibz S, but idk if that's in the cards.

All the nice guitars either don't have the 24frets or don't have tremolo(floyd isn't necessary). I may just have to compromise on one or the other or go with a Jackson/RG style guitar which for some reason, I never really liked.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
My Imagination
Never compromise. Find what you like.

The new S series are a great choice if you can get one.
Also there is also the option of buying a strat, getting a replacement neck, sticking a trem on.
Pow.
The very reason I love strats, so changeable!

However if seems you have a very specific want right?
You could always save your pennies and get a custom guitar made by a local/close luthier, or maybe a big brand if you have enough cash.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Never compromise. Find what you like.

The new S series are a great choice if you can get one.
Also there is also the option of buying a strat, getting a replacement neck, sticking a trem on.
Pow.
Yeah, I was looking at strats that way too. But yeah...my budget can't go really past $900USD, and even in a say 3-5months, still can't go past $1500. But in that case, I'd probably pick up the prestige S anyway.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
My Imagination
+1 to the washburn X40
i hear good things about them, and one version has a schaller trem.

also look into jackson!
Top lel.
hmm...it seems no go on putting 24frets on a strat body. It'll just get too weird...either it'll go into the neck pickup or the intonation will be screwed.

also can't seem to find any x-40s(non-used) for sale.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
My Imagination
Yeah you'd have to move the neck pickup (new pickguard) and stick a trem in (unless you can get a pre-tremmed one) and used doesn't mean bad.

Would you ONLY go for girls (or guys depending) who have never had another boyfriend?
Similar thing
Quote by Punk_Ninja

Would you ONLY go for girls (or guys depending) who have never had another boyfriend?
Similar thing
My guitars must be STD free!! But I love used up hoes...more experience.

But yeah, used guitars in a store are fine. I had a sweet used Fender Strat Plus w/Lace Sensors LSR nut, etc.(a long time ago) I just think the internets too flooded with shady guitars. Even new mail-order guitars can be risky(I hear)...no experience tho...but hope not cause I plan to buy my latest guitar off the net.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
My Imagination