Hello all! This is my 1. post whatever i need some people with great knowledge on Floyd Rose settings. Its almost my 1. year of playing but i still need lots of help as everyone. Okay heres my problem:
I got a Ibanez js100 and in this last month the strings started to buzzle! When i hit any string on any note between 8-22 it gives me a cool sizzling metallic voice that i really hate. It is hard to hear when i connect my guitar to amp. but the being of the noice make me drive crazy. Any ideas of what can i do? I currently use D'addario 0.9 strings. My guitar is perfectly tuned, so i dont think problem is the tuning. People say Floyd rose but i dont even know a bit on how to fix it or how to rise the bridge or whatever you call it.. I have searched lot on internet but couldnt find any videos or something. And i am afraid to do a wrong thing. The nearest music market is far, far away so i can hardly visit there once 2 months or so
If you think you can help me plz PM me or do something
By the way im a metal / rock player (generally metallica- megadeth and so on) What kind of pedals or anything can boost my guitars voice and what amps and mics for vocals? Thanks a lot.
Last edited by Blezz at Feb 20, 2008,
You should take it to a professional and have it set up.

Either the neck is bowing or the action is too low.

Edit: The term for it is actually buzzing.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
well as far as the floyd rose goes you need to raise either the bridge or the saddles then you need to work on the neck tension and it goes on and on so take it in i would not mess with it. simplest thing i can say for amp is make sure it is a tube amp and has a 12 inch speaker cuz smaller spekers will chop your highs and lows. mt2 by boss has good metal distortion and get a wah and a delay pedal. if your not gonna be doing any gigs then get a effects processor like a rp250. it will have everything you will want. but i run my rp200 with mt2 it's sweet
Quote by Deadmen
Wait for them by your door, and when they come.
Jump out with your wiener just hanging there and yell "Surprise!"
They'll never talk to you again, also make shure to helicoptor it a bit.

Memeber #665 of the Ibanez RG owners of the world club
Last edited by joshjebl at Feb 20, 2008,
also if you dont want to have to keep taking it in i think the bridge can be locked to work like a fixed bridge then you wont have to worry about it. but you will lose the ability to do screams
Quote by Deadmen

Professional help is also what i am going to do but i need the guitar fixed in like 4 hours xD will practise with friends tomarrow and dont what that noice again. Is there a temp. way to fix it i only need it fixed for 2 hours..
By the way i was forced to buy an mg 15 watt. As i read the forum some people are telling Mgs are useless and are no good. Any opinions in that? if ill change my amp in future what amp would you recommend to me? With max. of 30-35 watt and not pricy as hell (not over than 300$)
No no i love my screams. Still studyng on but i need them even im a vocal / rhtyme guitar player. I like to learn technics and other thing to get better quality notes or effects.. But as i said im too scared of doing something wrong that would give a damage to my guitar ( sorry for crappy language =)
Last edited by Blezz at Feb 20, 2008,
Quote by Deadmen

The truss needs adjusted, methinks.

Hold the guitar up level and look at it from the side. Does the neck bow a lot?
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H