I bought a Dunlop 220D Medium chrome slide the other day. It covers all 6 guitar strings, but is it possible to play 1 or 2 strings with this? I.E. the slide guitar part to Freebird.

I read on the back of the package if you want to only cover 1 or 2 strings, you should get the knuckle one, http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=88&pmh=products/slides
it physically covers only 1 or 2 strings..

so for play 1 or 2 strings only, i.e the slide part to freebird which slide should i get?

im new to slides, i tried out the 220D and i can't get a good sound out of it, notes ringing everywhere and i can get a better sound with my screwdriver when i have it on the right position lol.

thanks for the help
Larrivée D-03R
US Fender Telecaster, Vox AC15
I have the same slide, and it covers all six strings, but you can't play them all at once, because all my guitars have rounded fingerboards. But yeah, all you have to do is just hit the strings you want to play. Dunlop will obviously recommend a different one, as they want to make more money.
Chrome slides are supposedly better for rock. Brass slides are better for a warmer tone. And glass slides seem to have loads of sustain.
im thinkin about that 221D slide and it looks like "cheating" because you wouldn't have to mute the other strings as you would with a regular length slide eh?
Larrivée D-03R
Quote by Mr E
I have the same slide, and it covers all six strings, but you can't play them all at once, because all my guitars have rounded fingerboards. But yeah, all you have to do is just hit the strings you want to play. Dunlop will obviously recommend a different one, as they want to make more money.

im playing on my ibanez electric 7 string where the fingerboard is straight
Larrivée D-03R
Quote by forsaknazrael
Brass and chrome are both fairly bright slides. Glass is what you want if you want a warmer tone.

Warmer huh?
You shouldn't have any problem playing free bird with a full slide. Just pick the notes you need to play and go for it.