Hey guys, I kinda need some help identifing my bass. It's apperently called a Tobias American, and I Bought it about....6 months ago. I've never played on any other bass that has suck a rich, warm tone as it does, and I think it was a real bargin, since I paid half price: 7000 NKR, which is roughly 1200 $.
My problem is that I haven't been able to find any info about it on the web, so I turn to the most knowledgeable on the entire internet, you, my fellow UGers .

The serial number on the back is 3505, if that is of any help.

Thanks for all the help

(Ps: My camera sucks )

Pictures of Tobias American, aka "Drake":

(yeah I know, I've got kind of a Leno chin :P )
If you throw a pudding towards a running elephant in a pine forest, will the cookie come and eat you? O.o

Quote by Danno13
With a name like Jesus Lives, you
have bigger issues to worry about than how to get a signature guitar.
Owned
Last edited by nocturnal Shade at Feb 20, 2008,
According to the Wiki page you have a later period Tobias. Made after 1992

It was made by Gibson, he sold his company in 1990 but continued to work on the basses untill Gibson moved Tobias to Nashville, Tobias left to start a small scale workshop but continued to give his guidance to Gibson.

Thats a nice bass you got there, sorry i couldnt help on the model.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
I know He left Gibson in '92 and made the label known as MTD
Thanks for trying to help Jonno
If you throw a pudding towards a running elephant in a pine forest, will the cookie come and eat you? O.o

Quote by Danno13
Owned
It (or He :p) is just awesome to play . As I said: I've never played any other bass with such a rich, warm tone Only thing I can complain about, is that the previous owner did a lousy job when it comes to the wiring when the switch the pick-ups, so the volum sdoesn't swell, but either is full, or off :P

Quote by Danno13
Owned