Hello all, I've been suffering with a strange problem lately. My Ibanez Xiphos XPT700 has the most weird strap pegs I guess, just like others. Its behind the body in some weird position so whenever I try to play the guitar while standing, the neck falls towards ground. Its very disturbing. I am habituated with resting my thumb on the neck but because of this weird problem now I have no other way but to grab the neck with my whole palm while playing. So its very hard to change the position of the fretting hand quickly.

any suggestion?

thanks in advance...
It's not unique to that guitar. The SG is well known for having that problem.

You'll either get used to it or absolutely hate it.
Quote by webbtje
It's not unique to that guitar. The SG is well known for having that problem.

You'll either get used to it or absolutely hate it.

yea the SG does that, i guess the neck is heavier than the body
Quote by metalter
Hello all, I've been suffering with a strange problem lately. My Ibanez Xiphos XPT700 has the most weird strap pegs I guess, just like others. Its behind the body in some weird position so whenever I try to play the guitar while standing, the neck falls towards ground. Its very disturbing. I am habituated with resting my thumb on the neck but because of this weird problem now I have no other way but to grab the neck with my whole palm while playing. So its very hard to change the position of the fretting hand quickly.

any suggestion?

thanks in advance...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8lkqf1zvJJU

Video some dude did about the Xiphos, he moved the strap buttons to a better position.
well, now can anyone atleast tell me exactly where to relocate those strap pegs? that youtube video is too dark, I cant see it properly. I've decided to repair those pegs but dont wanna screw the body so what should be the exact new position? sounds like nobody else in this forum faced such problem!
go to jacksonguitars.comand look for the warriror guitar.then look where they are and copy it
everything you need to know.

http://www.frets.com/FretsPages/Musician/GenSetup/StrapButton/strapbutton1.html

also, sometimes a suede strap grips better.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011