Page 1 of 2
Alright, almost all of my friends have gone out of state for college. So now, I am looking to make some new friends. A lot of people in my college classes are like mid-20's though. And I'm only 19. It's not bad having friends that are a few years older than you, right?

I have managed to find some of my friends on myspace, as well as a few people I've met in college.

Also, is it wierd to ask someone to be friends if you barely know them?

Ex.

"Hey, it's that guy from college agebra 1301 (or whatever the code is), you seem like a cool person, wanna be friends?"

^ If I send this to her, is that wierd?
::Support Our Troops::

To all the men and women in uniform, thank you for serving our country.
We love you. God Bless.
Just my opinion, but whenever you say "Wanna be friends?" to anyone, it will always sound weird.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
I dont think anyone actually says "lets be friends"

I usually just hang out with a person enough to be considered friends
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Deal drugs.

Or do it the old fashioned way, just let it happen on it's own.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

+1 to dealing drugs
I <3 Drugs.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Just get to know people, and over time you will become friends.
buy friends, give them a dollar and say wana be meh friendz and if they agree make them sign a contract and promise them theres more moneyz where that came from
WORLDS BIGGEST TROLL FONT]
Just try and make friends with as many people as possible, no matter what they're age is.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
In college, age difference doesn't matter quite as much as you might think. Just talk to people, go to some functions on campus, etc.....asking to be friends....not such a good idea.
Epiphone Les Paul
T. Haruo Acoustic
Fender MusicMan 210 (130w)
Wait, you're the guy from the relationship thread about a month ago that was asking about the girl with the ring in one of your classes, right? Cause if so, you should probably just let making friends happen naturally.. conversation starting doesn't seem to be a strong point for you.
You don't ask people to be friends...you outgrew that in year 5. Ask for help (don't offer it)...then get talking...find common topics, neutral ones like games or footie or somthing. Don't get the girls first, befriend the guys before that...and be yourself. Most important.
dont actually ask 'do you wanna be friends' but of course its ok to have mate who are older than you, one of my best mates is 5 years older than me
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
yeah friends can be any age
i know some like 50 year olds that i consider friends
my best friend is like 28 and im 17 (i have other very very good friends too though)
noone will want to be your friend if you say "can we be friends?"
that makes you sound creepy
just be cool and co ot functions and meet people

most important
DONT BE A JACKASS!
Gear:
Jackson SL-3 Soloist w/ licensed Floyd Rose
Peavey VK 100 Head
Earcandy Boa 2X12 Cab w/ 70 watt Speakers
Fender Frontman 15 Watt Practice Amp

I'M SELLING A HOHNER HR1000 GUITAR. PM ME FOR INFO.
"Wanna be friends?" Is weird. Just ask them to do something, go get drinks, go to a hockey game or something.
well, I met this person on campus, she seems cool. I found her on myspace, I am wanting to be friends with her, so in the request thing, should I ask to be friends or just say something like:

"oh, hey, it's that guy from class, what's up?"

We love you. God Bless.
Quote by Flipaningage
deal AND do drugs, then you'll have money and the lack of friends won't bother you

Drug dealers certainly have Friends

EDIT: Neptune... don't word it like that... Don't refer to yourself as "That guy"

"Hey, I'm _____ from your algebra class, what's up?"
if you ask someone to be friends with you AND your 19, your destined to be alone
Quote by Gibson06
Drug dealers certainly have Friends

Yeah dude

Drug Dealer = Instant Popularity
I <3 Drugs.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Quote by neptune1988
well, I met observed this person on campus, she seems cool. I found stalk her on myspace *fap fap fap*, I am wanting to be friends sexing with her, so in the request thing, should I ask to be friends or just say something like:

"this napkin smell like choloform to you?"

FIXED

Neppy what are you doing? Your ten day ban up already?

*sigh*

Being as socially retarded as you are, your friends are going to be & stay thoes of the imaginery kind.
Last edited by Preid at Feb 20, 2008,
Quote by Gibson06

Neptune... don't word it like that... Don't refer to yourself as "That guy"

"Hey, I'm _____ from your algebra class, what's up?"

Well, not like THAT. I'm not that stupid, contrary to popular belief. LOL

We love you. God Bless.
just a guess but something tells me the drug scene isnt your thing. "wanna be friends" man thats some wierd stuff. you're 19? cuz you sound 13. you need to learn to socialize. start with spending less time in the pit. Nothing wrong with spending every last minute here for most people but some of us do need a reality check from time to time. just be cool. Play your guitar loud as hell in the dorms. Band up and watch the friends come pooring in.
Quote by Deadmen
Wait for them by your door, and when they come.
Jump out with your wiener just hanging there and yell "Surprise!"
They'll never talk to you again, also make shure to helicoptor it a bit.

Memeber #665 of the Ibanez RG owners of the world club
Just get to know them. When you get older and/or more mature, it's fairly natural to be friends with people that are older than you. In fact, I like my older friends better. For example, one of my best friends is a guy in college. (I'm in high school.) They are a lot more mature and it makes everything easier and more enjoyable in a friendship.
don't say "wanna be friends" just ask to hang out, get some lunch or something. ask go to some events with people, and you'll eventually become friends
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Quote by Ez0ph
Yeah dude

Drug Dealer = Instant Popularity

This man speaks the truth.
Drug dealer= jail trust me ive been there and done that i was that guy for years. and the friends you get dont last forever
Quote by Deadmen

Quote by joshjebl
Drug dealer= jail trust me ive been there and done that i was that guy for years. and the friends you get dont last forever

Well no friends last forever

but when your a drug dealer at least you can always get high
I <3 Drugs.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
the guitar player and singer in my bad is 6 years older than me. hes one of my best friends... i would stay away from dealing drugs just be friends with people... mind you the people you become friends with do drugs...that kind of an indication.
Quote by Ez0ph
Well no friends last forever

but when your a drug dealer at least you can always get high

too true too true
Quote by Deadmen

Quote by joshjebl

I think they were joking. :cofused:

And if you were being sarcastic, I guess it just wasn't funny.

To the TS. My brother had this problem too when he first went to uni and in the first week or so he just asked a couple of people to go out and have a drink together with the purpous of getting to know someone. How far in your year are you?
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Fixed

Hell yeah, chicks dig forum-goers.

"Oh yeah, quote that guy, quote him"
does this seem okay? :

Hello, it's me Ken Zdansky. I'm the guy in the algebra class, I sit in the end of the row. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi. Also could you add me as a friend? It's just that a lot of my friends went out of state for college, and I'm lonely most of the time. You seem really cool to hang out with. I guess we can study or hang in the student center. Well, I have to go for now, I guess I'll see you later.

Have a good day.

^ that it'll befine right?

We love you. God Bless.
Quote by neptune1988
does this seem okay? :

Hello, it's me Ken Zdansky. I'm the guy in the algebra class, I sit in the end of the row. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi. Also could you add me as a friend? It's just that a lot of my friends went out of state for college, and I'm lonely most of the time. You seem really cool to hang out with. I guess we can study or hang in the student center. Well, I have to go for now, I guess I'll see you later.

Have a good day.

^ that it'll befine right?

Rofl
I <3 Drugs.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
what does "Rofl" mean?

???

We love you. God Bless.
dont say "hey wanna be friends" or something...

ask them if they want to hang out?
find out what they are into and stuff, then talk about that!
Top lel.
ok, that's what I'm gonna do.

but still,

what does "Rofl" mean???

We love you. God Bless.
Page 1 of 2