So, basically, I went from D standard on my DK2M to Drop B....and my strings are basically as flimsy as ramen noodles...

I have been in D standard/Drop D with this guitar for almost as long as I have had it so I am not sure if the strings are supposed to be loose or do I need to adjust my springs? If so, walk me through it please? I broke my last guitar changing the strings on its floyd because the saddles sank back into the floyd.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
No, you need to change your strings - I'm guessing you're using 9's and they're way too light for drop B , you want 11.s at the very least. You'll need to adjust the springs too, but you're not going to be able to do anything about floppy strings tuning that low with a light gauge.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
No, you need to change your strings - I'm guessing you're using 9's and they're way too light for drop B , you want 11.s at the very least. You'll need to adjust the springs too, but you're not going to be able to do anything about floppy strings tuning that low with a light gauge.

Alright

I have a pack of .11's. How would I go about adjusting the springs?
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
you need to adjust the screws in the trem cavity, tighten them in to increase the tension, loosen them to decrease the tension...you need the bridge to be level when it's in the desired tuning.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
just to add, you'd probably want to stabilize that bridge when changing the strings. just less bridge stress to overcome, when getting the new strings in place and the bridge level.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Can someone give me directions step by step? I havent done it by myself before and Im not gonna pay $75 to have it done.
Quote by tarlkea
there's a floyd setup thread at the top of the page. pictures and everything.

you can look there first, then repost with any questions
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Alright cool. Thanks. Sorry for seeming like a total noob....
Quote by tarlkea
hey, better to ask.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Well, I removed the old strings, opened up the spring cavity, loosed the spring tension by loosening the screws but the bridge wont be pulled up so I can put the battery under it to put in new strings. It wont budge.
Quote by tarlkea
yeah that's what i meant by, stabilizing the bridge First, before changing the strings.

i suggest you restring, one at a time, or maybe use the trem to help level the bridge, so you can add the battery.

i think in the tutorial, madpickin uses a pencil.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

How do I loosen the bridge so I can move it though? It wont move if I pull on it.
Quote by tarlkea
post up in the floyd thread, i know madpickin was here a minute ago.

if it was me i would just try to restring and use the strings to get tension back on the bridge, leaving the strings slack and then tightening them all up little by little, and all at the same time.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62