Hi all,

I own an esp viper 100fm that has agathis body and I've recently tried upgrading the pickups to SD SH-13 dimebucker. However I'm not at all satisfied with the sound I've gained after installing them. I'm wandering that is it because of the agathis body it hasnt shown any improvement or is it that the dimebuckers arent suited to go along wiht that body.

Should I perhaps try and install sh-8 invaders and see if that brings me any luck.

I'm currently running through digitech rp150 set on maximum distortion and marshall cd15 amp.

please help.

Kind and warmest regards,
v
Quote by g0dspeed
Hi all,

I own an esp viper 100fm that has agathis body and I've recently tried upgrading the pickups to SD SH-13 dimebucker. However I'm not at all satisfied with the sound I've gained after installing them. I'm wandering that is it because of the agathis body it hasnt shown any improvement or is it that the dimebuckers arent suited to go along wiht that body.

Should I perhaps try and install sh-8 invaders and see if that brings me any luck.

I'm currently running through digitech rp150 set on maximum distortion and marshall cd15 amp.

please help.

Kind and warmest regards,
v

There's your problem.
Plus, dimebuckers are one of the most hated pickups on this forum (just slightly less hated than invaders lol)

don't fool around with pickups unless you get a new amp first.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
You shouldn't need that much distortion ever, let alone with such a high output pickup. But both the amp and effects processor need to go. You should look into an amp better suited for heavy styles, one where you won't need the gain all the way up for it to be as heavy as you want. There are plenty of decent amps out there for around $5-600 that will do metal/similar styles with great tone.

Another question I feel I must ask is, what EQ settings are you using?
Sound of a toilet flushing > Dimebuckers

+1 to looking into a new amp.

And Denthul is right, you should never need that much distortion......ever.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM