The drum mics could have been better, but that's pretty good.
I like it.
Death metal is OK but i like Black or Nu metal though. But good song
This the drummer thats hellbond. Dont interfer with his mission. Shh
Good song, but the guitar tone is way off, and the snare drum sounds like crap. The vocals are also quite loud, although very good.
Mastered a little quiet, and I'd have expected much better quality for "semi professional" TBH.

Anyway, great vocals, and some good riffage. I liked the synth just gliding along behind it, too. Nice and melodic, how death metal should be
Well, by semi-pro, I meant the best in my area, lol.

Any comments on the solo? Does the repetition of the sweep & run do it justice?

Thanks for the other comments, by the by
Quote by pyrojt07
Death metal is OK but i like Black or Nu metal though. But good song

Bite your tounge off!
Death is great, and Black should never be Mixed with Nu, or as it should be reffered to 'Mallcore', because its so horrifically metrosexual.

Black metal Is life! which in Turn is Death!

kvltness!
soundin really good

but a lil too old school

grindcore\vocals

the later half of the sound sounded alot more up to date

glad to see that guitar solos are still alive in metal tho

n e way

GOOD WORK MAN!!!
hmmm. Recording is quite bad actually. Not to make things worse but Ive had better recordings going from my pa to the laptop using audacity..try this sometime you guys will love it.

The song is quite good, guitars are nice, actually the vocals are pretty good as well.

BTW the recording sounds very compressed. I know you said the drums didnt record well but I can barely hear the bass drum at all. The guitars have to come up and the vocs probably need to come down a bit.

Another strange thing was in the 50 sec - 57 sec marks (also when this line is repeated later) your vocals go into the same rhythm as "you spin me around" Where the band sings "You look like you're havin' fun, Open up your lovin' arms, watch out here I come..." NOT that big of a deal but to me its easy to pick out. Now how do I know those lyrics????? From watching Wedding singer haha I swear it.

I hope you dont take my crit the wrong way...if you think what I say is bunk no harm either way. Keep up the good work guys!!

EDIT* BTW I love your Avatar haha....Death Metal and Yoshi so go together!
If you check my profile song please leave a comment on any part.....THANKS!!!
Last edited by v8ko at Feb 22, 2008,
Quote by v8ko
Another strange thing was in the 50 sec - 57 sec marks (also when this line is repeated later) your vocals go into the same rhythm as "you spin me around" Where the band sings "You look like you're havin' fun, Open up your lovin' arms, watch out here I come..." NOT that big of a deal but to me its easy to pick out. Now how do I know those lyrics????? From watching Wedding singer haha I swear it.

EDIT* BTW I love your Avatar haha....Death Metal and Yoshi so go together!

I just listened to that man No-one ever picked that up, lol
Have a cookie

And emberz, In what way did it sound grindcore? The intro scream? (Mine, lol)
Quote by blackenedktulu
I just listened to that man No-one ever picked that up, lol
Have a cookie

haha...thanks for the cookie.
Sorry but i think that your solo is crapy. It's so boring. Arpeggios aren't clean enough... Just boring...
Quote by Dragon Slayer
Sorry but i think that your solo is crapy. It's so boring. Arpeggios aren't clean enough... Just boring...

Care to elaborate a bit more?
Quote by blackenedktulu
Care to elaborate a bit more?

You know man I just listened again and while I wont take his side totally I know what hes saying.

The Arpeggios werent bad at all imo but you just kinda repeat the bends after each set...give or take. Perhaps mix it up some and after an arpeggio try something lower in the scale, something muted and I hear it as something away from the guitars melody and maybe following the drums. The drummer is playing his snare different after the arpeggios so that would work imo.
i will crit this as i listen to it. crash cymbals seem a little out of time in the intro, bass drum is farrrrrr too wooly sounding cant barely hear it when everything else comes in you need to add some 700 and 2k in my opinion. snare drum feels too flat for me there is no real power in it or size to it. i suggest a presence boost at around 900 for the bang and maybe 5k for the cut, i did like the toms they had a nice weighty snap. the record does clip at times which isnt good. cant say anything bad about the guitar mixing really, vocals were fine as well. from a composition standpoint i really liked it although by about 4:20 i was getting a little bored tbh. and at 4:36 when the synth comes in it is out of time with the guitars and bass. hope this helps
Guitars-
krozka-sharpe raider session 'revo'
ibanez s520ex with SD TB-10 full shred bridge
ibanez sz520qm
epiphone les paul custom
epiphone EJ200

Amp-
Orange tiny terror with PPC112 cab
i really liked the intro, they guitars were really well played, but then the snare came in. I just really dont like the tone of that snare, it has no snap to it. Maybe try tweaking that or if your drummer had his snare setup like that, maybe consider tweakin the snare.
Other than that one thing i thought the song was very well written. Really nice quick witted transitions.
Maybe a little more variation with the singing, but none the less, i friggen love his love scream. Its nice and ballsy.

Keep it up.
Crit for crit eh??
Check out my tune, its also metal, i think you might like it, judging by your tune.
heres the link

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791930

-Jerod
Good song, the snare was a bit too loud though and the recording feels very quiet. Once you get your recording issues sorted out, you'll sound alot better.
The riffage was okay, but I thought the drumming could have been better. It was pretty much generic death metal beats. Decent song in all though
Quote by v8ko
The Arpeggios werent bad at all imo but you just kinda repeat the bends after each set...give or take. Perhaps mix it up some and after an arpeggio try something lower in the scale, something muted and I hear it as something away from the guitars melody and maybe following the drums. The drummer is playing his snare different after the arpeggios so that would work imo.

Yeah, can see where you're coming from, we tried changing it up, but nothing really worked... After we recorded the song, we thought of harmonizing the sweep shapes, so if we get around to recording the song again, I'll see if we could change it up a bit.

Quote by notonlybutalso
i will crit this as i listen to it. crash cymbals seem a little out of time in the intro, bass drum is farrrrrr too wooly sounding cant barely hear it when everything else comes in you need to add some 700 and 2k in my opinion. snare drum feels too flat for me there is no real power in it or size to it. i suggest a presence boost at around 900 for the bang and maybe 5k for the cut, i did like the toms they had a nice weighty snap. the record does clip at times which isnt good. cant say anything bad about the guitar mixing really, vocals were fine as well. from a composition standpoint i really liked it although by about 4:20 i was getting a little bored tbh. and at 4:36 when the synth comes in it is out of time with the guitars and bass. hope this helps

To be honest, I haven't a clue about mixing, but I'll keep this for the guy who mixed it.
We were completely unable to get a good tone from the bass drum or the snare wherever and however we mic'd it.
And as for the composition, yeah, it's a lil' repetitive, but we like it.

Quote by jerock21
i really liked the intro, they guitars were really well played, but then the snare came in. I just really dont like the tone of that snare, it has no snap to it. Maybe try tweaking that or if your drummer had his snare setup like that, maybe consider tweakin the snare.
Other than that one thing i thought the song was very well written. Really nice quick witted transitions.
Maybe a little more variation with the singing, but none the less, i friggen love his love scream. Its nice and ballsy.
-Jerod

As I said above, the mic-ing for the snare was really messed up, it's the only thing in the recording that annoys me.
Wtf is a Love Scream?

To everyone for their crit...
The Slayer esque drum style doesn't sound good with some stuff in there. Good vocals. Boring chords during the song. Is that keyboard? That's not death metal. You're more like thrash with metal vocals.
The intro is epic, the drums I agree could be sounding better, the china is way to loud.. The vocals were also awesome.. Wow this is very headbangable, the riffs were very nice..
The snare made my head hurt, the drummer is very good it's just that the mixing isn't very nice.
Wow, I like the outro, awesome..

Very good job.

Scratch for scratch ? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791057
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.