Locomotive - GNR

rhy.fig.1
|----------------------------------------------------------------|---|---|
|----------------------------------------------------------------|-%-|-%-|
|------0-----0-----0-----0-----------0-----0-----0-----0---------|---|---|
|--3fb---3-5---3-5---3-5---0-3-0-3-5---3-5---3-5---3-5---0-0-3-0-|---|---|

Is it just me or is it easier to play it with two 5's instead of 5 and 0? For me it's easier to go faster because I can alternate pick faster on just the low E string. Which way would you play it/think its better to play?
The open string is going to have a slightly different tone to the fretted A on the E string, but if you find it doesn't make any noticeable difference then by all means play it your way.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Well then would you still pick it down, up, down, or would you economy pick it or whatever?
Play the first 2 notes with downstrokes, then an upstroke when moving back to the E string, then 2 downstrokes etc. So yeah, economy picking.
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Oh no wonder it was so difficult for me! I was trying straight ups and downs.
Well some people would prefer to play it that way, but I prefer to use economy picking because its.. well.. more economical :P
Add!

Quote by marko'd

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1