I didn't see any thread about this, and while it could go in the political thread, I think it deserved a thread of it's own.

I think everyone should now know the Fidel Castro is planning on not returning as Commander-In-Chief of Cuba, citing medical problems. This has been highly rejoiced by many.

I do not ocnsider myself to know jack about Mr Castro, or what he has/hasn't done with his o****ry. What I do know, is that many peole are happy about this, saying it is a good chance for democracy in Cuba. That is true. But to them, I say: This could also be bad. It raises the chance of violence in the streets, as they now do not fear Castro. Also, a worse man than Castro could come to power, which isn't deirable.

Opinions?

Poll?
No violence, it's Raul who's the man now. Nobody fucks with Raul.

But, Raul is old.

After his term, it would be best to have a democratic election, but I don't see that happening.
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']No violence, it's Raul who's the man now. Nobody fucks with Raul.

Raul's been in power since Castro's been sick, but the article in the paper I read, it said nothing aobut what will happen, who will be leader, but it seems like they're all hopeful for democracy.

That's a good question, will Raul stay in power?