I would go for the Jackson. Seems like a better deal than the ibanez. The jackson has a lot better pickups since they are SD. A compound radius fingerboard with 24 frets. The only thing better about the Ibanez that I see is the ZR trem, although I have never used one I hear they are pretty good.
Peavey 6505+
Marshall Jcm-900 Lead 1960 cab
Jackson USA RR1 w/SD blackouts
Jackson Dominion w/SD Distortion
Jackson SLS3 w/SD blackouts
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
The ibanez only has 22 frets, which might be limiting for some shred, but it has a mahogany body which gives a heavier sound for your metal. Jackson has 24 frets but more trebley alder body. The Jackson has a licensed trem (dunno if it;s good or not) and the Ibanez has a ZR which totally kicks ass.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
Right, this thread will probly become full of people saying the ibanex, because people don't seem to think that any guitar under £1,000 can compete with an Ibanez. I beg to differ

Of course the Ibanez is a solid choice, you can't really go wrong with either, but I prefer the jackson DK2. I prefer the trem on it (although it's a licenced, it's one of the best around, plus you can't do hellicopter flutters on the ball point pivot trems if thats anythig that may ffect your descision). The Seymour pickups on the Jackson sound amazing. I have active pickups in my guitar because they have abit more of a punch for my rythm, but honestly, they can't compare the the bite you get of a JB when you do a big bend. It has 24 frets, I didn't used to think that matterd until i started comeing accross songs where i needed 24 frets. I also prefer the feel of the Jacksons compared to the Ibanezes, but i supose thats my opinion
The bridge is a JB TB4, and the neck is a Jazz. Those pickups are FAR superior to the ibanez pickups, I know this for sure because both my ibanez and jackson have the same pickups as those listed above.
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
I went throught the exact same choice before getting my S470. But I'd go with the S-Series and switch out the pickups. The pickups on the DKMG aren't great and the S-Series has a better trem and build quality
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
I went throught the exact same choice before getting my S470. But I'd go with the S-Series and switch out the pickups. The pickups on the DKMG aren't great and the S-Series has a better trem and build quality

I disagree. The DKM2 SD pickups are awesome, best sounding pickups I have ever used. Switching out those pickups and replacing them with good ones could cost the TS up to 200$ more.
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
Last edited by cbehrendt at Feb 20, 2008,
The Jackson has better pickups, and you might like the neck better. however, my friend has a Jackson with a licensed floyd, and he thinks its useless. i've never used it, but apparently it doesnt stay in tune very well. it could be that its not set up well, but i dont know.

The ibanez looks better in my book, as it has the safer floyd. i've heard good things about the ZR. it does have 22 frets, so if you feel you would actually use 24 then keep looking for a different guitar. i dont really like any of the INF pickups, but those are easily replaced.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
I would go for the DK2M, it's just a better deal. The SDs on it are awesome and the trem from my time with it has never gone out.
Quote by FLNagle
The Jackson has better pickups, and you might like the neck better. however, my friend has a Jackson with a licensed floyd, and he thinks its useless. i've never used it, but apparently it doesnt stay in tune very well. it could be that its not set up well, but i dont know.

I only have to retune my JS30 every other week. Even then, it's only small adjustments. He must be setting it up wrong.

All I can say is, the neck on my Jackson is fabulous. Fretting is immaculate, you can set the action really nice and low with minimal buzzing (maybe that's in part due to the compound radius? I don't know). The pups on mine suck buttocks, but that shouldn't be a problem in the one you're looking at.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by cbehrendt
I disagree. The DKM2 SD pickups are awesome, best sounding pickups I have ever used. Switching out those pickups and replacing them with good ones could cost the TS up to 200$ more.

I didn't think they sounded great for metal/shred, even through a dual rec. The neck pickup was nice on cleans but the bridge pickup wasn't really trebly enough for most shred stuff, so he'd probably just end up switching them out anyway, in which case he'd be left with an inferior guitar to the S-Series but still chasing out for the pickups.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
I agree... Both guitars are solid. You can't go wrong. I'd go with the ibanez as a personnal preference, but that's all it would be : preference.
Quote by FLNagle
however, my friend has a Jackson with a licensed floyd, and he thinks its useless. i've never used it, but apparently it doesnt stay in tune very well. it could be that its not set up well, but i dont know.

The LFR on my DK2Pro rarely goes out of tune, even with heavy trem abuse.
I have a DKMG and an orange amp and I can get lamb of god heavy with just that the Jackson is the best choice awsome pickups and neck.

And if your woried about the floyd don't be it stays in tune great.

Get the DK2M you wont regret it but if you have an extra $100 I would recomend stepping up to the DKMG
jackson, but id say play them both and see which u like better
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by SloppyJoseph
Play them. I didn't like the neck on the jackson at ALL!!!! It felt like a toy.

If you think the Jackson's neck was thin, you're not gonna like Ibanez necks at all..
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by SloppyJoseph
Play them. I didn't like the neck on the jackson at ALL!!!! It felt like a toy.

I like jackson necks alot, they aren't flat on the back like wizard necks but are still pretty thin.
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
i exchanged my DK2M after about a week, i traded it for an ibanez RGT42DX, The ibanez feels way better.
im looking to sell my jackson dk2m from 400 to 450 i got it dec adn its in very good conditon
jackson has a thinner, faster neck
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
Wouldnt an Ibaenz RG-P be a more suitable comparison? I was choosing between the rg1570 and the jackson in question, but the one with EMG pickups. The Ibanez felt better to me in everway, except for the fact that it sounded awful. I'd go the Ibanez and swap the pickups. But they r both kick ass. Also, not sure bout the s but im pretty sure the rgp's have thinner necks than the jacksons