Hey there!

I live in belgium and as far as i know there are different voltages in america. Now what would I have to do if I bought and amp from an american store; would it be compatible or would it be a hassle to make it adapt to the belgian voltage?

And on tube amps: Are the powercables connected to the amp or are they the ones which you can remove like the ones on, for example, a computer?

If so, could I just change the powercables from the american version to the european version?

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

Quote by Yngwi3

Bigger/louder/more watts =/= Better quality.
You would need a different output transformer (240v versus the 120v we have over here). Some manufacturers will sell you an appropriate OT and some will give you the option from the get go.

The power cable situation depends on the amp, some are attached and some aren't.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM