THIS IS NOT AN AD I WANNA KNOW ABOUT THIS AMP

This amp is the Marshall 1959 HAND WIRED Plexi Reissue. Only about 1000 were made and it is now discontinued. is this amp really all that? or is it just another "new marshall"

the price does not matter to me i am ONLY asking about the quality of its tone.

Is its crunch flimsy or what a real marshall's should be? do the cleans truely sparkle? or does it sound like playing through a tin can like some new marshalls.

The fact that there is no distortion or reverb doesnt matter to me i have pedals for that

Whoever has this amp please tell me about it

Marshall 1959HW Handwired Plexi Head Features:

Handwired reissue of 1967 Superlead
100W
4 EL34 power tubes
3 ECC83 preamp tubes
True bypass effects loop
3-band EQ
Presence control

http://www.zzounds.com/item--MSH1959HW

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...Head?sku=482708

http://marshallamps.com/product.asp?productCode=1959HW
It's not a "new" Marshall by any means. The 1959 was one of the amps that helped to define how amps are supposed to sound. What you're essentially looking at is a replica of what guys like Hendrix and Page used.

It has a certain sound to it, and if that certain sound is what you want then it's certainly going to help get you there.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
The only real differences between the originals and the reissues is the resale value and the date of manufacture.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall
The only real differences between the originals and the reissues is the resale value and the date of manufacture.

And the transformers, tubes, cap types, and some resistor types. There is a big difference in tone.
If you want reissue get this:
www.metroamp.com

Marshall are very bad at doing reissues. They often use components very far from the original versions and even change the schematics and so on.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
www.metroamp.com

Marshall are very bad at doing reissues. They often use components very far from the original versions and even change the schematics and so on.

I think lots of companies are guilty of this. The Fender Champ 600, while not strictly a re-issue, is notabley different from the origional Champ, in almost every stage of the signal path.
BUT!

The Champ 600 is also named:
Vintage Modified and Fender are open that it's NOT a true reissue.

But Marshall are notorisly bad, overcharging their reissues WAY TOO MUCH!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Kendall
It's not a "new" Marshall by any means. The 1959 was one of the amps that helped to define how amps are supposed to sound. What you're essentially looking at is a replica of what guys like Hendrix and Page used.

It has a certain sound to it, and if that certain sound is what you want then it's certainly going to help get you there.

Amen brother!

I played one of those 1000 It was a LOUD bitch. Tone was orgasmic though. I've never really liked another amp that much after that.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by Gabel
BUT!

The Champ 600 is also named:
Vintage Modified and Fender are open that it's NOT a true reissue.

But Marshall are notorisly bad, overcharging their reissues WAY TOO MUCH!

Well lift my ground, I didn't know that. I thought just the Champ XD and such were part of that series. Ignorance hurts.
the reissue will "relatively" sound the same/similar to the original when put against other amps, but you would be able to hear a difference side-by-side. That being said, the tone on it will still be really good if you want that marshall sound. Normally I'm not a fan of those "limited edition" reissue amps because the inflated price reflects the small number made and not necessarily the quality of componets and tone. Also, it is illegal to make some of the amp parts that old amps used back them (specifically transformers) due to todays safety regulations. As for your post, the cleans won't "sparkle" because Marshall's don't really do that nor would it ever sound like a tin can. Since your saying they made about 1000 amps I'm assuming they're rather expensive so I would just pay a little bit more and buy one from the 60's
Quote by Gabel
www.metroamp.com

I agree with Gabe, the Metro 1967 Superlead clone is incredibly good.
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz